“Good and not so good!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 18 hotels in Temecula
Palm Springs, California
“Good and not so good!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days for a golf vacation with my husband....room was just average. Large tv was nice but overall average.
Agua Caliente in the desert is so much nicer. The pool area was a big disappointment. Very small pool for the area. Too many kids screaming, not very relaxing. Here are some good things about it...golf was fantastic! Every employee there was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Challenging course but worth it. Many restaurants to choose from, that was a plus. The only other annoyance was if you play any table games, many of the dealers don't speak great English and came off as being unfriendly.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

319 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This place is generally a five star property for all the reasons mentioned in a lot of reviews...will not repeat, but I have a comment for Pechanga and many casino resorts in general.

Casinos are ADULT disneylands, not childrens.

I arrived recently for a much needed weekend of R&R. I dropped my bags and went to the pool only to be told a child had thrown up in the pool and it was closed. They were making arrangements to go the to RV park pool...WHAT???? I wasn't paying $250 per night to be sent to an RV park. I was told the pool would open at noon the next day. I was happy to see (since my room overlooked the pool) that the staff stayed on this issue and shocked and partially drained the pool and it was up and running by early morning...

Having said that.... I went to the pool area at 9:30 a.m. to find 3 children under the age of 7 in the hot tub - using it as their pool. We all know what was going on in that hot tub and I wasn't going in. I laid on a lounge chair for a few hours before wine tasting and listened to them scream.

Given the puke circumstances, the hotel handled the situation swiftly, honestly and better than any hotel would have, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Get a kiddie pool (and not the hot tub). I have stayed at this property 3 times in the past two years and have had the same "kids" issue (without the puke). FYI - there is a waterpark not too far away. I won't stay here again in pool weather - off to wine country hotels for the same price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We travel frequently on three day weekends to the RV parks in the So. Cal area. Pechanga RV resort is one of the best. The good: clean, large pull-throughs, casino next door with OUTSTANDING shuttle service. Temecula area - lots to do: Old Town, Wineries, Lake Skinner, and of course the casino. The bad: no picnic tables (bring your own table), and no fire rings (bring your own propane campfire). The ugly: they really need to get the wi-fi fixed. We were literally next to the club house this time and still couldn't get consistent reception. All-in-all though we will definitely go back again -- the good outweighs the bad/ugly. They just really need to fix the wi-fi and then five stars..

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Thursday night, 3/28/13, after 11 p.m., I phoned Pechanga Resort & Casino (888) 732-4264. Sally (very nice) took our credit card, and reserved a "Package Deal" for us. The package included one night in a non-smoking room to overlook the gulf course, a 9:30 p.m. Comedy Show that evening, and a 50-minute Couples Message the next morning at 10:00 a.m.. Sally advised us that Check-in time is 4:00 p.m.(too late in the day), and that Check-out time is 11:00 a.m.. After driving two hours, my husband and I arrived at Pechanga (TODAY) Saturday (3/30/13), after 2:00 p.m.. I gave the woman assisting us in checking-in at the counter our name, along with the confirmation number given to me by Sally. The woman was a bit confused by the reservation notes left by either Sally and/or someone else within their system. After reviewing and not quite understanding the notes, the woman told us that the "Package Deal" was not correct; that we could not get our room, the comedy show and the messages for $411.12. The assistant stated that Sally put our packages under two confirmation numbers. The Check-in assistant suggested that we drop of our messages. Insulted, I naturally I asked to speak with a Manager. The assistant went to the back, and after several minutes, returned with Vicky!, the "GUEST SERVICES" manager. I explained to Vicky that their Pechanga telephone representative made our "Package Deal", that she pre-approved our credit card before confirming our reservations. Now we're here and you're pulling a bait and switch. Vicky stated that my email confirmation (which I did not print out because I had my notes and confirmation number) would have indicated what my package included (as though the notes that I had taken meant nothing). Vicky wanted us to pay $100 more for the couples message. I asked to speak with a Resort Manager above Vicky, but was told that they are off on weekends. Visibly disgusted and not willing to settle for less than Sally had indicated in our "Package", we decided to drive our two hours back home. Before leaving however, I gave Vicky another opportunity to honor our "Package" as indicated by Sally. Obviously she did not, because we're at home. What Vicky did do however, was to take off her badge to ensure that I was able to clearly record her name and badge number. My husband and I have been extremely busy, plus I had been ill, so we desperately needed a break; a little laughter, walking, messages... Thank goodness we did not add the baloon ride to the package. Checking my email after arriving home, I discovered that Pechanga Resort and Casino Reservations Info section had sent one confirmation on March 28th at 11:34 p.m., showing the correct arrival and departure dates, along with the following items indicated in our "package" was the Deluxe Room, Comedy Club Tickets, along with a Couples Message for $343.57 (including tax). The second email sent two (2) minutes later stated that we would receive the Deluxe Room, and 50-minute Couple Message for $411.22. There was obviously an error when the reservation was inputted. Had I our email confirmation while at the resort, I could have fought to have my entire package indicating the $343.57 rate honored. It's obvious that we were not attempting to cheat on our "package deal" and that we had not seen our email prior to driving there. We chose Pechanga because a few people stated that they'd had a good time. Great for them. But I will... be contacting Grant Channing, Hotel Operations Vice President, along with the Tribe, on Tuesday, April 2, 2013. And why on earth... would the Pechanga Resort and Spa leave a Guest Services Manager, who doesn't recognize that she works in a Service Industry, and has absolutely no problem running away clients who will destroy their reputation, ultimately leading to a decline in business, and ultimately the loss of many jobs.

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Extremely clean and MODERN rooms! You can plug pretty much any electronic device into this master port thing they have in the rooms and use the TV as a computer screen, play music, even connect a game console. Very tech-savvy! The room is very comfortable and has a very relaxing vibe. My only complaints, not that they are a big deal are: the shower is very basic for such a fancy room(it's motel style essentially) and there are never enough pillows on the bed(2 on a king size bed aren't enough for 2 adults).

I have stayed in this hotel about a dozen times and every time my room is perfect. That's excellent consistency that I appreciate.

Huntington Beach, California, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The service provided was the worst experience I could have ever imagined when I went there with my family for Thanksgiving. Here is a quick breakdown. 1) They got my reservations wrong and blamed me at check in. 2) The next day, staff wasted our time moving us and our luggage to a room that was not what we requested. We ended up going back to our original room. 3) That evening after dinner, my mother-in-law and infant daughter went back up to the room to get some sleep. The rest of us went up a couple hours later and the room next to us was having a drug party and the pot smoke saturated our room where my daughter and mother-in-law were sleeping. Even though this was a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor and drugs are illegal, the only thing the hotel manager did was ask the 15+ young adults that were not registered on the room to leave. Staff apologized and relocated us at 12:30 am and said they couldn't do anything else. 4) After telling the morning manager about this horrible experience they decided to fix it by offering a free upgrade for our next visit. This does us no good since we will never go back. 5) I have given the "resort" multiple chances via mail and email to respond to me for over two months and they have ignored me.

On top of this, their restaurants had good food, but horrible service even when they are not busy. Bring a good book if you plan on eating here because it will take forever to get your drink and food. I have been going here for years, but after this, I will never go back because they could care less and will kick you to the curb once they have your money in their pocket.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had reservations for the Wine Trolley Tour in Temecula this past Sunday, so we decided to book a room at the Pechanga Resort & Casino, since it was a Pick-up point for the tour & we wanted to have something fun to do in the evening after the tour. Big Mistake. In walking through the casino to get to the hotel registration desk, we encountered family after family. there were so many children running around, rolling on the floor & playing anywhere & everywhere. we had to dodge all these kids & strollers just to get to the registration desk. I saw children pounding on the machines, for luck?, just like their parent were. The room was very nice, spacious, updated & clean. We ate dinner at the Buffet. The food was ok, nothing stood out as different or better than any of the many other casino buffets we have gone to. There is no signage above any of the food stations so you can see a head of time what you may want to have. You literally had to go up to each station in order to tell what they were serving from there. Very inafficient. Our waitress was great. She anticipated our needing refills on our beverages and did so without being asked. Upon going into the casino after dinner, we tried to locate the quarter machines. Being non-smokers, we went to the non-smoking area first. There were very few quarter machines, all of them occupied, so we walked over to the smoking section, and encountered the same thing there. The majority of the machines were $1, or 5 cent or 1 cent machines. No one was winning anything. We only stayed in the casino for an hour or less, then back to our room. Even the Laniard they gave us for our players card broke in just walking the short distance from the Rewards Desk to the Buffet!
When we went down to the casino area in the morning, we just wanted to have coffee & a pastry for breakfast. There was a cart set up that had just what we were looking for. We made our purchase and there wasn't anywhere to be able to sit and have our coffee ad pastry. We thought about doing some gambling while we had our breakfast, but when we realized that Pechanga didn't even care enough about their guests to provide a place to sit unless it was in front of a machine.....we went outside and sat in the sun and had our coffee & pastry before hiking up the stairs to get to our car. No....NEVER again!
The parking lot is not even attached to the casino in any way. It is a long walk from the self-parking garage to the casino entrance. Of course most of the spots near the elevators are the ones to fill up first. If you end up having to park away from the elevators, there is a walk way & stairs you can take down, but it can be difficult if you have luggage and not very considerate of their guests......not to mention if it is raining.......not well thought out at all. Of course you can use their valet service, if you don't mind someone else driving your car & having access to your belongings. The suggestion of using the valet service was made many times in my conversations in making our reservations.
Needless to say, even though the room was very nice, we will not be going back to Pechanga. There are too many other great places to stay with nice rooms if thats all we were looking for. As for the casino, we would prefer to drive the extra distance to Harrah's Rincon where the casino has better choices, and so are the rooms, and we have never encountered the number of children we saw at Pechanga. A casino is for adults. This is a concept the casino's have forgotten. Just because they have restaurants and swimming pools shouldn't mean it an be turned into a kids play ground. When are these venu's going to get the guts to say "No Children"....period!

Room Tip: The best tip I can give is to go stay somewhere else where you will be appreciated and are not looke...