“A hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   45000 Pechanga Pkwy, Temecula, CA 92592   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was a welcome getaway for my husband and me. Pechanga is nestled amongst the hills of scenic Temecula. It's a lot larger than we initially thought from the advertising, and scrupulously clean for a casino/resort.

The resort was all decked out for the holidays with delightful Christmas decor that added such a festive ambiance to the whole place. Room was spacious, bathroom over-large. Bed was comfy with luscious soft sheets. Staff well trained, helpful and friendly. There are ample restaurants, a gorgeous championship golf course, and a welcome spa, and it's situated just down the road from picturesque Old Towne Temecula.

We ate at several of the resort restaurants - the highlight was lunch at the Temecula golf course restaurant. I had the absolute best fresh smoked tuna sandwich. YUM. My husband had excellent fish tacos, and we topped it off with a fabulous creme brule that neither of us needed, but enjoyed every minute of it.

The spa was a fabulous experience. From the moment you step up to the check in counter, you breathe a sign of relaxation. It is quite lovely for a hotel spa within the hotel proper. They have a "quiet room" in which to relax, complete with bowls of fresh fruit, herbal teas, dried fruit and almonds, all to refresh you before your spa experience. The treatment rooms are fitted with dimmer lights, which are dimmed low whenever you are laying on your back (how nice). The lemongrass massage oil was heavenly. They had a seasonal special of a cranberry foot massage, but I went for 80 minutes of bliss with a full body treatment.

The "after massage" locker area was complete with a steam room, which my therapist offered to set up for me. They have showers complete with body wash, shampoo and conditioner, an area with a hair dryer, hair products (spray, mousse, gels, etc) and fresh comb and brush for you - with a sterilizing machine right next to the brushes so you know they are sterilized and cleaned with each use.

We got a tour of the facilities. We were there as a getaway, not to gamble, but the machines were being well used and lots of gaming tables. For a quick getaway, i can't imagine anyone from Southern California being disappointed that they didn't make the long haul to Vegas.

The golf course is beautiful, so you have everything you want right there in one "away from the crowds" picturesque location.

There are two nightclubs. Silk rooftop nightclub was first class - trendy and cool - way too trendy for us, but our kids would love it.

Pechanga also hosts notable entertainers. And it's situated in close proximity to the great wine region of Temecula - we were delighted to visit Wilson Creek, and there are lots others in the same close proximity.

The only recommendation I would make is to supply a couple more pillows on the bed - but this is a personal statement. I'm not a fan of feather pillows, so one was too flat for my liking.

To sum it up, if you live in Southern California, I highly recommend a getaway to the lovely Temecula Valley and Pechanga Resort & Spa - even if you don't use the casino, or are interested in gambling, it's a rejuvenating experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Pechanga is a resort-casino that has slots, tables. Smoking is allowed inside. Tried the machines from 1 cent to $5.00 all paying low returns. Even with a bonus of 25 spins, I only got 35.80 Machines are well spaced and plentiful. Cafeteria was fair, chinese empty, and some other restaurants. Lost 500.00 easily in 1 hour--never again will I go to this tightwad casino.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

The casino is nice, plenty of restaurants, has hot tub and pool down stairs, theatre, golf course, if you want it they have it. There are plenty of things within close distance to go see or go do.I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I love this place it's a shorter ride than Vegas and has everything you need in place. The restaurants, the hotel accommodations and the casino are all great. The casino staff is great as well. They are so accommodating.

• Stayed November 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the Pechanga on business. I am not really into Casinos, so I cannot judge based on that.
I was expecting a great, luxirious hotel. It is not. It is an OK place to stay. Clean, average rooms.

Really terrible wi-fi. I was planning to work while staying at Pechanga which I could not do at all. The internet connection is very bad all throughout the place (even at lobby)

Great thing: several restaurants and shops just downstairs, so when you're on jet lag like I was,you can find easily a place to eat at any time during the day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Milton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

As I said good place to getaway but I am not a casino goer so the appeal for me were the clean rooms and the excellent service for the night we stayed. The round bar was great to hang out with the din of slot machines and electronic sounds. The room we had was great large clean queen size beds were comfy and we slept well. Want to go back and try the spa maybe if we would like a place to getaway to but not for a family trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love the atmosphere of this place. In general the service its along par with other casinos with here perks. But the golf course is well maintained and the restaurants are adequate. A little pricey so I have knocked it down a star for that. Overall a good, experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Pechanga Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!