“Decent Chinese meal” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Temecula, California, United States
“Decent Chinese meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We usually get 'to-go' here. The kids like the chicken lomein. I love their shrimp cilantro salad. The dressing is excellent. This time We dined inside this week and the service was great. Very nice and attentive quick service. The wonton soup is excellent / full of meat n seafood. Very tasty. The rest of the meal was just ok - basic orange chicken with only 3 broccoli chunks - and lemon chicken was just ok. On the expensive side for what you get. I'll stick to the shrimp cilantro salad next time.

78% Recommend
Temecula, California
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food is very good and the atmosphere is not your usual fast food Chinese décor. The wait service is top notch and Stephanie the host is very pleasant and efficient

Visited September 2013
“Okay, but no longer good for take out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I used to get take out here at least once a month, starting when they first opened and continuing for several years. We had a few issues with the food (quality and getting cheaper entrees than what we ordered), and consequently, I hadn't been back in years. Recently, I went to get take out and found that they remodeled the restaurant. I liked the dining room changes, but it is a bit uncomfortable now to get take out. I was escorted to the back by the servers station. There I sat on a chair where I was constantly bumped by the wait staff. I definitely felt I was in the way. It took over 30 minutes to get our food. When I was handed the bag, I asked it they had included everything I ordered by reviewing the order. I was given a not too pleasant look and told everything was there. When I got home, I discovered they had made several mistakes filling our order. Some things were left out, and some entrees were just wrong (they substituted less expensive entrees for the ones I ordered). What we did get was good, but just not what I ordered and definitely not everything I paid for. It is too difficult to open all boxes and check, especially in such a crowded space. Besides, the customer shouldn't have to double check the order especially after I was reassured it was all there. When I called to complain, I was told they had completed the order correctly. I doubt if we will be going back, especially for take out.

Visited August 2013
Murrieta, California
“Yummy chinese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Red Ginger is my favorite sit-down Chinese in the Temecula area. You get plenty of tasty food and good service. The restaurant is very small, which makes for a nice cosy atmosphere, but if it is busy you will be in for a wait. Staff are very nice - I even left my purse once, and they had it waiting behind the hostess desk.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Temecula
“Bring back Jack and we'll come back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Not sure what happened to Jack the waiter, but when he left, the place was never the same. He always knew how we liked our food and was eager to please, very prompt, too. Everyone loved Jack. He made the place special. Have been there three times since he left and will not be going back.

Visited July 2013