“No frill hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Temecula
Menifee, California
“No frill hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

You have to stay 7 nights or longer to get maid service. If you want fresh towels, or anything else you need to go to the front desk for it which seemed to be always understaffed. They offer coffee, apples, oranges along with energy bars in the morning. The coffee is VERY strong. One day I called the front desk to ask for a wake up call the next day and was told they don't have a computer system that offers that service. I was told that the person that would be at the front desk in the morning could call me but then she added that you really can't depend on them calling you so you really should use the room alarm clock..if it's working. One other problem we had was that upon check out when I went to get a luggage rack on our check out it was gone, some other guest had taken it to their room. I asked the girl at the desk if there was another one and she said yes, but it was broken. Since we were in the process of moving from Texas to California we had a car full of belongings so I was forced to leave when I did to meet the moving van which was 15 miles away and had to make 8 trips carrying our stuff to the car..and I am 75.They are also pet friendly and there were dogs of all sizes

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Commerce
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed in a non-smoking room. The room smelled like someone had smoked. The carpet was wet and the electricity didn't work on one side of the room. We asked for a room change and we quickly got a different room. The beds were very comfortable and is the best thing about this hotel. The breakfast was simple but there was no more coffee when I went to the front office at 9 a.m.
This hotel is in a good location and close to a couple of wineries.
I probably would not stay here again because of the strong smell of tobacco and the feeling of dampness.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Rose - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The smoke smell you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I met with the staff, and we will ensure that the smoke smell in a non-smoking room is not repeated. As well, I am sorry for the condition of your first room, but am glad we were able to provide you with a new one that was better. I am also glad that you liked the bed in your room and our hotel's location.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at ltm@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Bloemfontein, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed in a non-smoking room at the Extended Stay Temecula, California for 4 nights. The motel is well appointed and within walking distance of some local restaurants.

We rented a car from AVIS and the parking at the motel was sufficient. The best feature of the motel would be the guest laundry facility, where one could do laundry for 24 hours.

The room was big and had a small kitchen unit and large fridge. The bathroom was a total disaster and gave me a headache. For a “non-smoking” room, the smell of tobacco was just horrible.

The lady at reception was helpful and friendly. They do not serve breakfast but does have a “breakfast on the go” which is not too bad.

If you are a non-smoker who gets asthma or anything else, do not stay here, as even the lift smells like an ashtray. Otherwise, the location is great, the staff friendly and the price cheap.

Management will have to take a look at their guests, as the smoking guests and their habbits may put this motel out of bussiness. We were not the only guests complaining about the smell and they did move some of the guests to other rooms while we were there.

I will not stay here again, as this was my worst stay ever... but I will most definitely visit Temecula again.

Room Tip: As the non-smoking rooms smell horrible, I would suggest that you stay at another motel / hotel if y...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you encountered a smoke odor in your non-smoking rooms. In response to your feedback, our maintenance staff is looking into this issue and is working to remedy it as soon as possible. Still, I am glad that our staff provided you with great customer service and that you truly enjoyed our hotel's location.

We appreciate the kind words regarding our friendly staff and are glad you enjoyed the grab n go breakfast. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ltm@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We selected this hotel based on the location and the $49 a night coupon and stayed 5 nights. However, the non smoking rooms are at one end of the floor and the smoking is on the other half. Sooo, the smell was horrible in the hallways. If the cigarette smoke was bad the late night smell of marijuana was worse. Once in the rooms you cannot smell the smoke.

Regarding the rooms:
-They were clean even the carpet(which is saying a lot since we just got back from the Central Coast where EVERY room may have been clean but the carpets were gross!)
-AC worked great albeit a little noisy, but we didn't hear any other sounds from other human guests. Pets are welcome here and a family had TWO large dogs that went bonkers at times.
-Great size frig
-Beds and pillows were comfortable
-Get water pressure and hot water.
-Free internet was super slow, however you can upgrade for a fee.
My family agreed that Brittney had the best customer service. IF you check in when she is on duty you will feel most welcomed and any requests/questions will be responded to promptly and graciously. Rose on the night shift was prompt to check on security when advised that a guest had propped a exterior door open.
Would we return? Only return if we needed to stay for a week+ AND had a coupon. I would not pay full price to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the we failed to meet your standards. As the hotel manager I will share your review with the staff to ensure that your experience does not repeat with any guest. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate the kind words about our associates. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ltm@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We booked a room at the Extended Stay Temecula when we were still making plans, and decided to go to Julian instead. To my horror I awoke the morning after the deadline to cancel and remembered, I'd NEVER CANCELLED. As we had already shelled out a hefty amount for our B&B, I was mortified by my mistake. As soon as we had cellphone reception I called Extended Stay and explained my situation to the front desk. I asked if it was possible to waive the room fee as a courtesy to us, while fully admitting my mistake. After a minute of talking with management I was informed we would not be charged for the room.

Normally I wouldn't expect this kind of understanding from a chain hotel, but Extended Stay in Temecula seems to be an exception. As a way to say thank you, I am posting this review. If we ever do get up to Temecula, this hotel will be first on my list for places to stay.

FYI, this was during the art festival weekend, and there weren't many rooms to be had at any hotel in Temecula. Thank you again Extended Stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we were able to assist you with your reservations and everything worked out to your satisfaction. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at this site for 4 nights. It smelled bad, and even after I moved the room odor came through by the second night. You can tell that people smoke in rooms even though they are marked non-smoking. At no time was I ever told at time of reservation or check in that I would have to do my own housekeeping. So if I wanted the floor vacumned or bed sheets changed I could do it myself. Why stay here when I can do that at home??!! No thank you and for $10 dollars more a night I could have had the better service and a pool.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our housekeeping policy was not explained to you and the smoke smell was an issue. I am making all staff aware of your feedback and how we failed to communicate important items regarding our hotel so this does not happen again in the future. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ltm@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Pasadena, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Got hurt at this hotel during my stay. No staff available, a sign said to use the telephone to call a staff member. However, the phone was located behind a display and was not readily available. When I finally was able to notify the staff, they completed their insurance paperwork and told me someone would be in contact with me.

No, I am not okay. No referral was given to a medical facility nor did they care one iota about my condition.

The only phone call I received was a misdirected number through the front desk.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
John - Thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that you got hurt during your visit. After being notified of your condition, we did respond with filing an insurance claim and making sure you were all right. It is disheartening to know, that you were still feeling pain after this point and wanted to seek further treatment. My apologies for our staff not assisting further. I will be speaking with them about the importance of following up with our guests if they are hurt while on property to ensure they are doing better.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope you are feeling better. If you wish to discuss this further, please emails us at, LTM@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country? Share your experiences!