“OK - but not much more” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 18 hotels in Temecula
Surprise, Arizona
“OK - but not much more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Three nights in Temecula - Extended Stay - at best average. Not much to look at; not many amenities (grab and go breakfast - forget it!). No ice machine, no pool, not really anything to recommend this lodging. Room was OK - limited cable TV. No daily maid service - turn your own towels in when you need new ones, etc. While I can not recommend this lodging, I would stay here again because the price is right.

Room Tip: No restaurant; no pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review of our property. I'm glad to hear that you that you appreciate the value lodging experience that we offer, we strive to provide practical accommodations at a reasonable price each day. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, when your travels bring you back to our area.

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Murrieta, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had to stay here five weeks due to flood damage in my home. My insurance agent gave me three "dog friendly" hotels in the area and, yeah... I was fooled by the name...and there was NOTHING "wine country" about this place.

PROS: our dog could stay with us during home repairs, Brittney was friendly and helpful at the front desk, parking was good, it was nice to have a kitchenette so I could bring food in to fix or microwave. Grab and Go breakfast muffin and coffee.

CONS: housekeeping "forgot" to clean my room more than once, one night, it took 3 phone calls to the front desk and a call to their "after hours" branch to FINALLY get a set of towels to the room. The plumber took 5 days to get the water in the shower below my ankles, I was locked out of the hotel 5 times (how many weeks does it take to get a door fixed?), traffic was horrendous... my room was as close to the 15 freeway AND the Overland Bridge as you could get, but there's a chainlink fence as a barrier?!?! I heard every screech of brakes, 18-wheeler horns and motorcycle and car speeders wiz by. The hotel did let me try two other rooms... but it didn't matter... I purchased ear plugs and that did help. The walls are super thin... you hear everything... invest in some earplugs!!! The gym is not on location. There is no pool or spa. No restaurant on location. The free WIFI doesn't work, not capable of using my computer there either. It is not conviently located to anything and there is no easy way IN or OUT of this hotel... lots of U-Turns during my 5-wk. stay since there is only one way IN and one way OUT.

Overall, I would not stay here again. I was thankful to have a place to stay while our home was being fixed. My review is more to "warn" vacationers... this is definitely not a "vacation" style hotel nor is it "speedy" with service. Hotel is located in Temecula, but a far cry from "wine country."

D.Phillips
Murrieta, CA

Room Tip: There are no good rooms... you hear everything on the freeway, the bridge, the other hotel guests, e...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The service that you received and you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with my staff to improve the importance of handling guest concerns in a timely manner. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ltm@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Mira Loma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

I can't tell you how much i love the new rooms. The room was clean staff was friendly and I appreciate the helpfulness with another location to help make a new reservation.
Thanks to the early check in with Jessica. Much appreciated it allowed me to come into town a little easier.

• Stayed July 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Temecula-Wine Country. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

If you enjoy taking the bus, stay here. Dirty, lousy linen and semi-shady clientele. Its a cheap stay, so you get what you pay for. Go down the street to the Fairfield Inn...a much better experience.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Temecula-Wine Country. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. We strive to ensure guest are provided a clean and comfortable stay. We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Los Angeles, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Reserved a room with 2 beds, nonsmoking for 2 nights for an out of town wedding. There were no rooms available anywhere else in town, so I booked here. The first night my friend, her husband and small baby were to stay in the room because they were in the wedding party and needed to stay the night before to attend the rehearsal dinner. My sister and I were to take over the room for the 2nd night. My friend called the hotel while driving down from northern California to confirm and was told they were being placed in a smoking room due to "unexpected extensions". I work for a hotel and this is code speak for "Oops- we oversold the hotel to hedge our bets and make more revenue". Hotels frequently overbook banking on the fact that they will have some no shows. I am fairly certain this is what happened in this case. She was upset because she has the baby with her- but was told she could have a nonsmoking room with a King bed. She accepted this compromise when I told her my sister and I would share a bed if it meant the baby was not exposed to second hand smoke. After she checked in she went to put the baby down for a nap and discovered dog hair on the sheets. She called the desk and was told if she simply brought the sheets down to the desk they would give her a fresh set!?!? She asked a passing housekeeper to please change the sheets. When she came back from the rehearsal the sheets were changed, but the baby was unable to nap due to the dirty sheets. When I arrived I was assaulted by the stench of dog poo when I got off the elevator. After reading the information packet in the room this is not surprising given rooms are cleaned once a week and pets are allowed. The room was hot, even with the AC set to 60 degrees. Also, there was a suspicious looking stain on the chair next to the bed. When I left to attend the wedding I asked the desk to send up fresh towels. Needless to say the girl at the desk handed them to me as I came back in from the wedding at midnight. She said she had not had a chance to bring them up. The bed was awful, the absolute WORST. It was rock hard and neither of could sleep. I went to bed at 1 am and tossed for a few hours and finally gave up and got out of bed at 5 am. I went down to the lobby to get the wifi password. I stood there for 10 minutes knocking and finally used the house phone to call the desk. I was patched through to an answering service who informed me that the desk is left unattended until 7 am. I was floored. I felt extremely unsafe knowing that there is not a single employee on the premises during the night/early morning hours. What if there was a fire? Who would warn the sleeping guests? Additionally she would not give me the wifi password because she said there was a note that said the desk had to verify that I had paid for the wifi before the password could be given out. I explained that there were signs for "FREE WIFI" plastered all over the hotel, to no avail. Regarding the bill, the desk was told to charge my friend's credit card for the first night only. I came to the desk and gave them my credit card for the second night. As I checked out, I was told that my friend's card was already charged for BOTH nights (apparently they charge for the entire stay at check in, rather than simply place a hold on the card!). My card was charged for the 2nd night and they are supposed to be crediting her card for the extra night. I need to follow up on that because with the incompetence I have seen, I am not very hopeful this will be taken care of. This was the WORST hotel I have ever had the misfortune of staying in. I am unimpressed with the Extended Stay brand, and won't be back.

Room Tip: Smells like animal droppings. No staff in hotel during night hours.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Temecula-Wine Country. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Laguna Hills, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

When we got to our room initially, there was less than a half roll of toilet paper. Literally. I called the front desk and asked for them to bring more toilet paper and more towels (there were only 2 in the room for a dual queen). The girl at the front desk said I could come get the toilet paper. She was rude, truly had no people skills. I told her that toilet paper should be in the room when we arrive, and I would like someone to bring it to me. She sighed and said she had a line of people but she would bring it in 20 minutes. Okay, good thing I didn't have bathroom issues and that it actually could wait. She finally came and brought the toilet paper and towels, and did apologize for the wait. While I can sympathize for her and understand it's impossible to run a hotel single-handedly, she SHOULD NOT be running it alone. Poor management and scheduling on the part of the hotel and made it less comfortable for us.

Room Tip: Bring your own sheets, pillow, etc if you are weirded out by hotel sheets.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Temecula-Wine Country. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. We will strive to ensure we address guest requests such as yours, more promptly. We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Took a half hour to check in when we arrived very late at night. Attendant argued that we hadn't booked two rooms even when she was shown the reservation. One of our rooms was so drenched in cigarette smoke it was sickening and the only other room was on another floor, so we weren't very happy that two of our kids couldn't even stay on the same floor.
Glasses were dirty, window couldn't close all the way so the freeway sound was very loud, not to mention the fight in the parking lot at 3am. Drunk people were wandering from room to room banging on doors and there was an eviction notice taped to a door across the hall.
If you're looking for a low income housing development and some people to party with in the wee hours of the morning, this is the place for you...
They did refund our money and we checked out with bags under our eyes headed to another hotel down the street to get some rest.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Temecula-Wine Country. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. As a hotel manager, we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable at a exceptional price. Please know that we have a strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as nonsmoking rooms. It should never be the case that a guest request a non smoking room is placed in a smoking room when preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with the staff to find out how such an experience occurred and determine a system for preventing a repeat occurence.Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.