“Reasonable place to stay in Temecula” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Temecula
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   41900 Moreno Drive, Temecula, CA 92590   |
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Temecula
Carlsbad, California
“Reasonable place to stay in Temecula”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The Motel 6 is a good place to stay in old town Temecula. There is free parking and it is within walking distance to all of the restaurants,shops and the museum in the old town. The rooms are basic but good enough for an overnight stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

First, check outside the building.....read the sign.....it says MOTEL6. No frills yet, we were in a comfortable, clean and freshly painted room.
Flat screen tv-check!
HBO-check!
Plenty of clean towels-check!
Walking distance to old town Temecula and Starbucks-check!
Close drive to wine country-check!
Remember, no refrigerators offered in rooms...we asked.
Take your own hair dryer and toiletries...after all.....MOTEL 6!
There are renovations happening now, but go for it. We were celebrating a 50th birthday and there were 4 of us ladies. We felt safe and did not expect deluxe accomodations. Therefore, more money to spend on nice dinners, wine tasting and Pechanga casino.
P.S. Absolutely NO signs of bed bugs! :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Murrieta, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I was bit over 200 times by bed bugs!! This hotel is disgusting! Filthy and unsanitary!!! I let the manager know what happened and was told someone would call me. I ended up having to call them numerous times. I went to the Dr and was told I had bed bugs. Now they will not pay my Dr's bill! Spoke with their risk management person who was worthless to say the least. They have had an ongoing problem with bed bugs since 2008 and refuse to take responsability for it. WORST HOTEL EVER!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Ogden, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have stayed at this motel for 4 years now, 3 nights per year. I have had no problems with the staff, and the rooms are nice enough, and I like the proximity to Old Town. However, this time I got scared. About 6 police cars and 2 sheriffs' vehicles were in the parking lot one morning as we were preparing to leave for breakfast nearby, with the motel entry cordoned off. Something had happened. We were told we could exit the motel (by an officer) if we 'hadn't seen nor heard anything' the previous night. We hadn't, and we were on our way to breakfast and needed to return later in the morning to change clothes for an event we had to go to. The officer told us when we were leaving not to come back for quite some time, and we explained we had to do so to make it to the event on time, and then he said we could see him when we returned and he would admit us, and he did. I don't know exactly what happened, but it didn't seem good, and someone who told us what he had heard had happened, had a very sad story, indeed. It might be untrue; I don't know-- perhaps just a rumor. I am still trying to find out exactly what did happen. That night, upon our return to the motel, I asked at the desk what had happened, and the worker said she was not at liberty to say, which was not very comforting, since I was staying another evening at the motel. . Since then I've researched the area and found out that there is an area of crime near Old Town that is not thought to be safe, near an apartment complex, so I suspect this area the motel is in may be only borderline safe. A nearby restaurant worker said the motel is famous for drug activity, but I don't know whether this is true or not. I have been researching murders at motels in general, and I guess motels are a somewhat common venue for murder, motels of all types and names, all over the country. Bad people often hide out at motels, in general, it would appear. Kinda makes me want to stay home from now on. I don't know that a murder occurred here, as I have no confirmation of that, and yet I don't know that a murder did not occur here, either. Your guess is as good as mine. But the whole thing was a bit too creepy for me. Also, it made me sad.

Room Tip: Be safe. Stay as near the office as possible. This is what I will plan to do in the future.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ithaca, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great price, location, we walked into town for shopping and restaurants. TV, shower, AC was adequate, they supplied a hair dryer upon request. Although we asked for a non-smoking room, it smelled like smoke. We had to air it out and keep the fan on. Luckily it was only for 1 night. Probably should have asked for a different room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Nothing fancy, but the place was clean, the air conditioner worked well on a very hot weekend, and the front desk service was very friendly. The price was better than other hotels in the area, and it was an easy drive to and from the hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: All of the prices on the website were the same, regardless of the number of beds in the room. I thou...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Simi Valley, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The rooms were clean and it was relatively quiet. But the sink in the room barely had a trickle running out of it..it was barely enough to brush your teeth and took a good minute to fill a glass. when we told the office they already knew and didn't seem to care. For the price next time I will find another hotel locally...its worth the extra bucks to have a functioning sink.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Temecula? Share your experiences!