“Did I order coffee or water?” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #183 of 337 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Continental
calijennie
“Did I order coffee or water?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I came here on a weekend while my husband & I were walking through Old Town Temecula. I ordered a cup of cafe mocha & what I got was so watery with just a hint of coffee flavor. yuck!

Visited January 2012

Deeside, Wales
“European bistro in small town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Ordered iced coffees and teas accompanied by cakes - drinks were ok but the cakes were freshly made and delicious.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Anaheim
“Great Local Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Cafe Daniel is one of those small local places one doesn't hear much about, that is some what non-descript, but is totally excellent. From the moment one walks in , you are greeted by the friendly staff, or Chef Daniel, himself. One of the best selections of coffee & bistro food anywhere. I had an iced latte and a caprese paninni. GREAT !! The paninni was nicely spiced with a good selection of herbs and not over done with oil. A delicious, light sandwich. As I left, I had another iced latte, they were so good. Highly recommend.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“One of our favorite places”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011 via mobile

Definitely some things is change if I ran the place but one thing I would not is their signature creeps. Wonderful, moist, sweet without being overpowering. Simply yummy. Wish the sandwiches were made fresh and wish the service was a little quicker but they had us at strawberry desert creep with fresh homemade sweet cream.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Give This One a Miss!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

Visited this cafe while on holiday from the UK very recently. We took an American friend there for a light lunch. It promotes itself as a "Eurpean Bistro", which it definately is not, just a very poor sandwich bar.

The service was slow and the food VERY uninspiring. I had a sandwich made from bread that was was stale and dry. There is no atmosphere at all, it feels very amateurish. Beware!!! When I came to pay the bill using my UK credit card I was confronted by an immediate conversion into UK pounds at a very poor rate, on the card reader, enabling a little extra cash to be extracted from the diner! A highly dubious practice and the first time ever encountered in the USA. With a guest present it was difficult to complain.
I would certainly NOT recommend this place on any front!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere