“Seriously brilliant.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 74 activities in Temecula
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Join us for an unforgettable getaway in Wine Country. On our Full Sevice Wine Safari you will be thrilled sampling up to 24 different Wines. We will guide you and your friends (2-6 passengers per Jeep or groups up to 18 persons) on a safe open air or covered "Fun Jeep" Trek through Scenic Vineyards and show you sights that no other Tour can. Our Expert Tour Guides will share their interesting insight on Temecula's Wine, Wineries and the area's history. Let Sunrider make your trip to Wine Country a Fun & Memorable Experience!
San Diego, California
“Seriously brilliant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect. I had been given this tour as a gift by a friend. From the initial contact I had with Sunrider by phone to the courtesy call to check our reservation on the morning of the tour to the jeep to the knowledge of Nate our legendary guide to the scenery and the 3 wineries. So so good. I highly recommend this.... So different and much better than the other tours on offer. 10 out of 10 the whole way. By winery number 2 Nate had correctly worked what wines we both preferred and got it to a T. Thank you to all..... We will be back.

Visited October 2013

Temecula, California
68 attraction reviews
“Don't be misguided by their advertisement!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

ENSURE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME, BY KNOWING WHAT THE TOUR REALLY CONSIST OF......

I myself loved the tour, why, because I had no real interest in off-roading! This tour does not off- road, they go up a hill around a few blocks (in the dirt) and that summarizes your off-road experience. If you are looking to "really" do some off-roading PASS this tour up it will not happen!

Secondly, as other posters are commenting regarding the "barrel room production tour" again their is no such tour. I can ONLY speak for myself (which I concur with many) I as well did not have that included in my tour. I wonder if ANYONE has?!

GUIDE'S CAN BE DEAL BREAKERS (CHOOSE ACCORDING TO COMMENTS): My friends and I were super lucky we had 2 additional couples in the jeep, they were a riot, lucked out there. Our guide was a lady that was very laid back, never rushed us and the bonus was that she DID provide some wine knowledge.

Verdict:
If you are interested in "wine tasting" and would like to ride around in an OPEN vehicle this is the tour for you!
If you are seeking to get some real off-roading in, you will be highly disappointed! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!
If you are a stickler and looking to enjoy a "barrel room tour" you won't be happy. I have NO IDEA why they list what does not occur! Not cool :(

I hit the JACKPOT!
Awesome tour guide, great bunch of people, nice wines, great scenic views...the lunch was not bad at all. Don't expect a gourmet "NOTHING" on tours...unless you are on a food tour!

All it takes is a couple that is not in-tune with the group to throw a monkey wrench into your experience, unfortunately one cannot control boring peeps. Would be nice though :) Haaaa

*Noteworthy
Ask beforehand what wineries will be included, as I noticed they are taking many to the lowest of the totem pole wineries in the valley. We went to Leoness (great winery) also visited Keyways (not bad) and lastly we completed the tour at Danza del Sol winery (great whites & ports).

Based upon "what does occur" I would return in a heart beat!

Visited August 2012
Yorba Linda, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Great Time in Temecula!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked this tour because of the great reviews...and we weren't disappointed!!! Our tour guy, Seth was great! We had a tour on a Wednesday. Since it was midweek, me and my husband didn't expect for others to be on the tour with us. But, we were wrong. There were two other couples in the Jeep when we got picked up. I can't say we weren't a little disappointed when we saw that, we thought it would be awkward to be in a jeep with strangers...but it turned out to be a lot of fun!!! I think it may of been a little boring if we were alone! On our tour we went to three wineries for 6 tasting at each (this is A LOT of wine!!) Seth listened to what kind of wine we did/didn't like at each winery, and based on that he chose which winery he would be bringing us to next. We went a little offroading (VERY little, this shouldn't be why you choose the tour). We never made it to the barrel tour as stated in the description, but that was ok because we were having a great time hanging out with the other couples and talking over a bottle of wine (another guest in the tour bought a bottle for us to share over lunch). Seth (our tour guy) never rushed us to move on. It was very laid back and relaxing. He was very informative and answered a lot of questions about grapes, vines, wines...etc. This was my husbands first wine tasting experience (he is a beer drinker) and he said he would do it again in a heartbeat!! I would never do a tour bus or limo. It was great being in a open jeep to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the wine country of Temecula! You won't be disappointed if you do this tour!

Visited June 2013
Marshall, Wisconsin, United States
“great day in the vinyards”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We recently visited San Diego for a second honeymoon and took a tour of the Temecula wine valley with Sunrider. We had a great time riding on the back of the jeep and greatly enjoyed the wineries. We even became members at two of the three we visited. The tour was very easy going and enjoyable. Our guides were helpful in answering questions, without talking too much. We really learned a great deal and enjoyed our day in the valley.

Visited June 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 attraction reviews
“False Advertising”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were super excited to take this trip - sounded different and thought riding off-road through wine country would be fun and beautiful and it had good reviews. The jeep was great. Our guide was so-so, not as involved as I thought he should have been - in fact we had to go find him to tell winery that we were supposed to get a discount on our purchases. He was mostly MIA. There was NO barrel room production tour at all as stated on their website! And the off-roading was a joke - it consisted of taking us up one dirt hill, some photos and back down again. Very disappointing! The lunch and was great and the winery for lunch was beautiful. I do think their should be water provided on jeep. Overall I would not do this tour again based on its over-pricing for what you get and current false advertising.

Visited March 2013