“This place has everything at a reasonable price.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
“This place has everything at a reasonable price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I'd actually rate the place excellent except that the outdoor pool was freezing and filled with bugs. I guess its a bit cold to be swimming, but if it were a heated pool and kept clean I think people would have swam in it, because people were coming and going out of the pool area to see its condition, then leaving when they saw how dirty and cold it was. People were swimming in the indoor pool, including me, but its a small pool and still on the chilly side unless you were able to be near the heating port to the pool. It was only enough to get in, do a couple of short laps, just enjoy being in the pool and then they'd get out after 15 minutes. I stayed in for about 45 minutes, and that was plenty. I thought there would be a jacuzzi, but no luck. They could definitely use it, I think people would enjoy it.

Room was clean and kept up well. The king bed was comfy, and the microwave and frig were a plus. No freezer area for ice or to keep your cooler's ice packs in. I had bought a small pint of ice cream, and thought I could keep it in there, and was disappointed that what I couldn't eat melted. (I tried to keep it cool in some ice - funny thing is it turned into a milkshake consistency then turned bad fast) Anyhow, the room was otherwise nice and the housekeeping staff accommodated small requests I had for extra towels and cleaning it later in day because they always came by early at around 9AM when we'd go downstairs to grab some breakfast stuff. We'd bring food back to the room and find a note saying they had come by, but since we had a "do Not Disturb" sign up, they'd come back later when we called for it. So if you do the same and leave early with the intention of coming back, put your sign up, or they'll be in it when you return and you can't come into the room or they have to leave.

The main gripe I had is that from the handicapped parking, you have to go all the way around through the front door, thru the lobby and around to the elevators, (a big U shape path) when there's a door right next to the handicapped spaces that's almost right in front of the elevators. But its unaccessible because of a fence that encloses it for a small outdoor area. they should make an opening thru the fence so that people can just go straight in. It's a pain to go around when there's a perfectly good door entrance if the low fence weren't there. My husband could jump it, but I have a bad back and use a walker and a cane, so I couldn't. There's a keycard access thru the door, so its a safe way to enter, so I'm not sure why they would put the fence there. Weird and stupid.

Breakfast munchies were good; plenty of different things to eat, eggs and sausages were good quality and tasty, but not anything special to rave about. Its acceptable and convenient, and I enjoyed having this service and made the effort to get up and grab it. You can always put in frig and reheat stuff too, if you're not the type who eats early. Breakfast hours end at 9:30, so you have to get up early to get it. Wish it was till 10, but I won't rate it any less for closing early. I have been to other Springhill suites where it does go to 10 tho, so I just needed to get up a little earlier to get food.

This was a comfortable stay for me and my husband for a quick weekend trip. Would go back to this hotel again. I like this chain of properties and wanted to check this place out for future trips to the area. The hotel is a quick drive to the downtown area where there's antique shops, and lots of great places to eat.

BTW,we tried the front St restaurant run by Baily's winery at the recommendation of the hotel front desk staff. Excellent place. We went upstairs to the fine dining area, rather than eat in the bar area, and it was a wonderful dining experience. I'd go there again in a heartbeat. They have a prix fixe special that for a few dollars more, you can add an appetizer, soup/salad and dessert to any entree. Wow, its great food and service!! It was A LOT of food. Try their butternut squash raviolis and butternut squash soup. I'd rate the dining 10+!!! For the 4-course dinner (we both had a surf & turf special) and a bottle of wine, it cost us about $120 incl tax/tip. So worth the price for a special evening! We almost had the whole dining room to ourselves on a Friday evening at 7:30pm. I'm surprised the place wasn't crammed with people.

It wasn't too far of a drive to the wine area. We explored a few wineries, and we enjoyed Mt Palomar, Wilson Creek and South Coast Wineries, checking out the art/craft fair and wine at Maurice Carrie, and having dinner at Thorton the second night. If you get a chance to go to the area, there's a lot of different wines to try so pace yourself. It can get expensive paying for the tastings and its a lot of wine. Some wineries were definitely more generous pourers than others. South Coast Winery is a resort too and it looked really nice. It looked expensive to stay there, but the bartender there said they give discounts on wine purchases, have a bottle in the room, and other freebies. So if you want a higher class experience than Springhill, check that place out. Otherwise, I thought Springhill was great for the money, and offered a lot to their customers.

Room Tip: Stay on the west side of bldg away from the freeway. We got a little noise in the room from the cars...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nancyhi

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly. The location is easy access to the wine country and San Diego. The price is reasonable with a good breakfast. I have been using this hotel for business purposes for several years.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The rooms are very updated and modern at this property. We enjoyed using the "suite" side of the room to watch movie, and the bed was reallly comfortable. We got a terrific night's sleep after a long day of biking and wine-tasting and woke up very refreshed. The complimentary breakfast was OK, but it was *very* crowded at 8:30 on a Sunday morning. We have stayed here twice and look forward to staying here again when we go back to Temecula.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ZabierekR
huntington beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We just spent two nights there for our anniversary to go wine tasting. The location was perfect...walked to old town and close to wineries. The staff couldn't have been nicer and the rooms were very cool! Very happy with this hotel and plan to look for other Springhill locations.

• Stayed November 2012
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were pleased with the location. I thought the room would be bigger but it was an overall good experience. They closed the indoor pool after the first night with no warning and the outdoor pool wasn't heated. We loved the complimentary breakfast. The mexican restaurant across the parking lot was great for dinner. I probably would try another hotel next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Bright and cheery lobby with LED lights around front desk and small eating area is in contrast to the small and "unsuite" rooms in this newish hotel. I love Marriotts, but this one just doesn't compare to the other hotels I have frequented. Our Suite, which was noted as suitable for 5 adults was the smallest room I could have reserved. The Suite, is a jammed space of 2 queen beds, and 1 very uncomfortable pull out bed, all wedged in a 300' space. You can barely walk through the room with a small rolling piece of luggage if going from the front door to the window. The pull out bed was so uncomfortable, we had to order extra bedding to make the springs not stick into our skin. The room set up is ridiculous, with sliding glass paned doors for the toilet area, and glass for the shower/bath area. Tight space between edge of bed and the two shower/bathroom spaces. When the lights go on in the bathroom, it illuminates the entire room. But thank goodness for the extra light, as our room was in a odd corner, and extremely dark and cave like. 1 or 2 towel hooks, which is riduculous, and no area for hanging items. Poorly designed for a newish hotel. Breakfast, was fair, they ran out of basic things like Tea. Small pool inside which was warm, and freezing cold small pool outside. Near the freeway and you can certainly hear it all around the hotel. Only good thing was the close proximity to old to town. Not a good choice for more than 2 guests.

Room Tip: If you want a "Suite" go someplace else. Or just have 2 people in your party.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank heatherscuba
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this property... I usually stay at the Hilton brands, but the wife picked this Marriott-family hotel for us. The lobby is kinda funky kitsch, with neon lights, and the rooms a more European style, and spacious. They have two pools, one inside and one out, and they put together a nice hot breakkie (scrambled eggs, waffles, and biscuits are available, plus all the standards). The staff was great, and made a great restaurant recommendation for dinner nearby. We were on the third floor facing the freeway, but the place was wonderfully quiet. We had a great stay, and will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple