“A quiet get-away” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Stallion Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tehachapi
Stallion Springs Resort
28681 Stallion Springs Drive, Tehachapi, CA 93561   |
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Tehachapi
Santa Clara, Utah
“A quiet get-away”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We were there the same time as the previous review - March 16 - 23. We exchanged for this timeshare because we went to the square dance festival in Bakersfield that weekend. While it rained in Bakersfield, it was snowing at the higher elevation. The trip back to the timeshare Sat. nite was a white-knuckler. The last tail lights turned off about a mile before the resort so I had to make my own tracks. The following afternoon coming back again from Bakersfield about 6pm, we got "home" about an hour before they closed the main road. Schools were closed on Monday so we stayed in.

The resort has an activity (wine/cheese party, wine tour, Bingo, Mary Kay session and Horse/Ostrich/Alpaca tour) almost every day. Videos/DVDs and puzzles are free to borrow and they have a trading library. There is only one public computer but free WIFI in the units. It wasn't busy at the public computer so I was able to check email, etc. Staff is very nice and helpful. Because of the 5-8" snow fall, the golf course didn't open until Thursday when we had signed up for the critter tour.

We had a 2 bedroom unit for just the two of us, but I would hate to have to cook for the 6 it accomodates. The 18" of counter is tough to navigate with. Some of our furniture had been updated but initially there was a musty smell (like dampness) to the main living area. The plastic tablecloth they asked you to use on the dining table smelled so I turned that in. They replaced it in a day or two. The drawer in the movable cart in the kitchen (lack of storage) fell apart so we had to keep the silverware tray in the living area until maintenance was able to fix it (then the glue smell stayed for a while longer). Storage in the bathrooms did not exist except for a narrow rolling plastic storage bin in each bathroom. If they had used a normal vanity instead of a table style for the sink, it would have provided shelves or drawers. We used one of these storage bin for a night stand in the master bedroom. The other one was used as an end table between the big chair and the sofa. The end table provided was too low.

Bed was reasonably comfortable and the towels were soft and big, though not very fluffy. I ran out of hot water for the whirlpool tub as I was filling it while my husband was showering. We enjoyed our quiet time (3 puzzles, 3 movies & two books) along with some nice drives in the area. There are several good resturants in Tehachapi.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012 via mobile

Came to relax and work on a special project. 6 inches of snow on the day after arriving helped me finish the project in two days. Rooms are nice and spacious so being snowed in was pleasant. Kitchen was tiny new units we were told will correct that. Dish washer so small the two of us had to do dishes every night. Equally small sink and counter space was 18 x18". Jacuzzi tub in master bath made up for not being able to use the outside jacuzzi. No exercise room pool at golf club half mi away. Golf deals are good but course was too soggy to play after the snow melted.

• Stayed March 2012
Valencia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

My husband and I have vacationed at SSR several times and look forward to our next visit. Daily Golfing and R&R in a cozy 1 bedroom Country Cottage w all the conveniences of home and French doors to a large patio with sweeping views of the natural habitat golf course where we enjoyed our morning coffee and evening cocktails. So peaceful. This friendly little town, surrounded by mountains and incredible views, is emersed in nature. Streets roll up by 9 but Tehachapi is only 15 minutes away to take in a show or go bowling.

Room Tip: Request Cottage ON the Golfcourse for views
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Sussex, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I (and some relatives) were looking for a place where we could relax and "get away from it all." I found this timeshare in Tehachapi (located, roughly, between Bakersfield and Mojave). The timeshare is actually in Stallion Springs, a short road trip around a number of organic farms from Tehachapi, which I can only refer to as "Small Town America." It is not heavily populated, but there is a lot of charm in this area and some wonderful mom & pop style restaurants. Our rental car took us on some very scenic drives (see the Trail of 100 Giants -- the giant sequoias!), to Tehachapi's Food and Wine Festival, and to a local ostrich farm where we feasted on ostrich egg omelettes. We saw lots of wildlife -- including a family of deer outside our unit -- and even enjoyed a movie at the local cinema. (Where else in America can you see a first-run film for $4.50 apiece and a large drink and popcorn combo for $4.75?) I would not recommend this area for families as children will likely get bored after a day or two, but it is certainly worth visiting if you just need to get away from the big city for awhile. A word about the accommodations: Our unit included two bedrooms, two baths, a tiny kitchen, living area (with fireplace), washer & dryer, and a nice deck. While some of the furniture had recently been updated (e.g., the kitchen table and chairs), others begged to be replaced. (Some of the springs in the couch and chair in the living space, for example, had broken springs.) Also, while the place was pretty clean, the housekeepers seemed to overlook the tops of doors and other areas near to the ceiling. Lots of dust up there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Riverside
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here with my family and have 5 of us in a 2 bedroom unit. The area is unique, quiet, and full of history. Don't come here if you want the city life but come if you want nature, agriculture, and animals. Ostrich farms, wine tours, alpacas etc are the things to do.

The unit is nice but the kitchen is tiny. It looks like one of the kitchens in a mini-suite hotel room. Tough to do much cooking.

The hot tub is nice but the pool is small and off-site (down the road at the golf club)

This is a unique place and worth the visit if you know what you are getting into.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Pasadena, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

I have mixed feelings about this resort. We stayed a week in late January into early February. The property itself it beautiful and if you are looking for a quiet slow paced get-away the area was nice. The rooms were relatively clean and have many ammenities though a bit dated.
I am writing to give families with young children a heads up before making a reservation here.
We have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. We are very careful about our kid's behavior especially in situations where we are protecting someone else's property (like in a timeshare) from damage. Being sensitive to this issue I was left with a very bad impression when on the last day of our trip, as we were packing up for home, our two year old pulled out the bottom drawer of a dresser in the 2nd bedroom and put his weight on the drawer making the dresser start to tip. I was close enough I grabbed the dresser befor it went over, but the tv on top of the dresser (which was a large old school tv the same width as the dresser) slid far enough that it yanked the cable connection out.
The damage was deemed irreparable and I was charged $150 toward their replacing of the tv.
I write the details of the story so you could judge for yourself how it was handled. When I talked to Cecilia from the resort I was made to feel like I was lying about the situation. For my part I feel like the resort wants to put all liability on its guests though the tv was not placed on furniture designed for that purpose or with any precaution such as a tether or bolting down the furniture.
If you go and everything goes smoothly you may enjoy yourself. I feel like service at an establishment is tested when an exception comes up and in this instance I cannot recommend Satallion Springs Resort.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Nice place , clean unit pretty grounds. Comfortable beds and a nice hot tub. We enjoyed our stay but it is pretty far from any tourist spots. The only complaint I had was that housekeeping was not available on the weekend. The front desk did get us extra towels and bedding from an empty unit so we didnt suffer.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Stallion Springs Resort? Share your experiences!