“Nasty...........” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Tehachapi
No. California
“Nasty...........”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Peeled back the sheets on the bed and found blood and black hair on sheets. Called and had maid put fresh sheets on the bed. Asked for a pet room and cat urine odor was bad in the room. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Katie R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (661) 822-5591.

BEST WESTERN Mountain Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Clovis, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed for one night. We had a wonderful time. The room was recently refurbished. It was clean and comfortable. Noise was never an issue, either. We were both pleasantly surprised at how goo the free breakfast was. We couldn't have asked for anything more. There are many restaurants and store within walking distance or a short drive away. We will for sure be staying here again on our future visits to Tehachapi.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Katie R, Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (661) 822-5591.

Morro Bay, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I am just returning from a 4 week road trip and stayed at many Best Westerns along the way. This was the worst and most expensive. The bed was so hard and old that the mattress edge dug into my leg when I sat down. Everything seems old and worn...cheap amenities, etc.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

When you travel with a pet, your standards are different. That being said, this place was fine for us. It was reasonable, convenient to restaurants, clean and the beds were very comfortable Also, there is a good place to walk your pooch. It is an older property next to a big new one but we had no choice and I'm sure the new one was more than we would have wanted to pay for just an overnight roadstop. Didn't bother with the "breakfast". The staff was very helpful and friendly and they have a computer for guests. The train is very active all night long. If you have ear plugs...wear them.
We had dinner at Jakes.. it was excellent.

Room Tip: We were in room 102.. bottom level away from the road. It was fine.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Perhaps I had an unlucky experience but my (non smoking) room smelt of smoke and there was a pair of grubby socks left on the floor.

I did report the smell of smoke to reception and the staff were fine so no gripes there. However, I think the mood was set by that time. Wished I stayed next door , looked a lot better (but is more expensive)

The breakfast room was dark but at least the breakfast was free.

The hotel itself is a bit of a walk from town

Room Tip: Go next door to the other Best Western
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Gresham, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Was driving in "white-out" conditions & decided to stop early. Tehachapi is a nice, quiet community & the Best Western is Pet friendly. My dog & I stayed here a few years ago. The staff is friendly & helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Hit sleet in the mountains and needed to stop. Basic but clean room, comfy beds, really friendly staff, and the continental breakfast had hot items. I don't like doors that exit to the outside, but this place was pretty safe and quiet. Very pet friendly as well- my cat didn't want to leave. Just let the front desk know you're bringing a pet, and there's no extra pet charge. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012

BEST WESTERN Mountain Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tehachapi
BEST WESTERN PLUS Country Park Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58/Mill Street
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tehachapi
BEST WESTERN Desert Winds
Mariah Country Inn & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!