“Average is a good rating .....” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Tehachapi
Scotts Valley CA
“Average is a good rating .....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

because Best Westerns are becoming more consistent across the brand. Nothing spectacular - rooms are updated, clean and neat; breakfast has hot items such as sausage biscuit sandwiches, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc; free wi-fi and a computer/printer in the lounge. Overall - clean, orderly and reasonably priced in the old town of Tehachapi. We could hear the train a-comin' during the day, but not at night - not sure if they didn't run any or that they were travelling faster during the day .....

Room Tip: a couple of rooms overlook the train park across the street
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Katie R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (661) 822-5591.

BEST WESTERN Mountain Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bay Area, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I've stayed at numerous Best Westerns and this one is on the lower end of the scale. It's not bad, it was just OK... especially for the price. I paid $80-something and it really should have been more like $50 for what you get. The rooms are very clean, Wi-Fi was good and they did have a free continental breakfast (although, not as good as other BWs). Refrigerator sucked, we had to plug it in when we got there and it never got cold - we had a cooler of food for our road trip so we had to keep getting ice so it wouldn't spoil. The console that housed the fridge, microwave, coffee pot and TV was ridiculous; coffee pot was way up top and I had to stand on a chair to set up the entire rig (there wasn't any room on the lower shelf to put the coffee pot on). I know they're doing construction to renovate so maybe things will be better soon... Would I stay here again? Not for $80+/night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Katie R, Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2013

palm desert
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed in June of 2011 - rooms were neat and clean, pool clean,
front desk staff extreamly helpful and courteous! Close to everything in tehachapi. Had our 2 small dogs and they were very understanding of dogs. No smell in the room AT ALL !

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Tracy, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

This Best Western is an older unit and offered reasonable amenities for the bargain price. As the old story goes, you get what you pay for. Breakfast was not as good as most Best Westerns, cereal, waffels, pastries various and varions drinks and was placed in a very small area that was once a bed room. This hotel is going through a renovation and not all rooms are done yet.. Front desk was good.
My room was clean and comfortable, but I was placed next to a loud group of young 'parrty boys' and eventuall asked the front desk to assign me another room. Location is next to a new Best Western which I would have selected except for the higher price of the room.
If you are passing through, I'd recommend you stay at the New Best Western next door.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

Extremely disappointing. The mattress was old and saggy, and they didn't even bother to put a mattress pad on the mattress, which indicates to me a lack of care and concern on the management's part. The sheets were old, stained, and scratchy. The pillows were lumpy. I woke up with the worst back ache I've had in years and blurry eyes from not sleeping, and this after driving for 10 hours to reach Tehachapi and needing to drive another 8 hours the next day! For the $90 something dollars I paid, this was a rip-off: I should have slept in the car.

The bathroom was clean enough; no complaints there. But they need to replace their beds and take better care of them. Probably should have stayed at the newer Best Western next door.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (661) 822-5591.

california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

good, clean, fun. it was a nice 3 days. nice staff. pleasant management. close to shopping. restaurant next door. other down the street. we will be back next summer. clean air, nice protected pool. quiet. take pets. free continental breakfast. close to shopping.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

We were on a long road trip from Seattle to Arizona, traveling with two greyhounds. Since sometimes pet motels can be tough to find, we decided to call it a day once we found the Best Western in Tehachapi.

We arrived after dark, but upon check-in noted that the lobby was a bit dim and the furnishings looked as though they hadn't been updated in decades. We had the same impression upon entering our room. The pet room had a bit of a stale pet smell (to be expected somewhat with a pet room, but other places we've stayed have been MUCH better) and there were a few stains on the carpet. There wasn't much in the way of a place for our greys to potty, and the landscaped bushes were already filled with several piles of dog droppings.

Two interesting things stood out about this property: next door is a newer Best Western facility, which is much more expensive...honestly, after seeing the older facility I think they should just tear it down and stick with the newer place. The other thing - the bathroom didn't have normal switches for turning on lights and fans; going back to the fifties or sixties, our bathroom had buttons that you pushed in to turn the lights/fan on and off.

Overall, we stayed in four motels during our road trip and of the four this one came in dead last. I think I'd look for somewhere else to stay next time I'm in the Tehachapi area.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

BEST WESTERN Mountain Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!