“Half way to no where” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Tehachapi
Vancouver, Washington
“Half way to no where”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had a nice stay here. The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms on the highway side are a bit noisy I would suggest trying to get a room on the back side. The trucks getting on and off the highway woke me up several times. On the plus side the rooms were clean!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away for the highway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58/Mill Street, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am happy to hear that you had a nice stay. I do apologize for the highway noise but can assure you that we will be able to accomodate to your needs in any of your future stay. I hope we see you again soon!
Director of Sales

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
U.K
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel chosen primarily as its a reasonable distance away from the trains!
Check in was flawless and speedy,we were tired after a transatlantic flight followed by a long drive.
The room was spotless,the bed extremely comfortable,quiet location and the hot breakfast was excellent..........cereals,breads and pastries,sausage patties,grits,omelettes,fresh pancakes,fruits and beverages.
Can thoroughly recommend

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review! I love that you are a returning guest and am happy to hear we are able to meet you expectations. I hope we continue to see you again and again!
Director of Sales
travelsbyrail
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Very clean with nice staff. Breakfast was typical for a holiday inn. Good work-out room. Beds and room very nice. Internet was fast for a motel room. Location right off highway - unless you want Denny's a bit of a drive - they have a hand-out of restaurants in the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58/Mill Street, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel travelsbyrail! We appreciate your feedback and love that we were able to meet all your standards and needs. Hopefully we will see you again soon!
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located near the freeway; however, there is a lot of truck noise. The breakfast was pretty good and I appreciated it being ready so early. The bed was just ok. I was expecting the nice pillow top beds I've had at other Holiday Inn Express hotels.

• Stayed December 2012
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58/Mill Street, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Hi CaliGurl636,
I would like to thank for your review of the hotel and apologize for the minor inconveniences you experianced during your stay. It is my goal for all of our guests to have a wonderful experiance at my hotel and I would like to ensure you that I will be addressing the concerns you have with our General Manager of the hotel and we will do our best to make your next stay with us an exceptional experiance.
Thank you and we all hope to see you in our hotel again soon!
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Tehachapi is a small mountain town about half way between my winter and summer homes. The Holiday Inn Express is one of the newer hotels in the area and is always a welcome sight after a long day on the road. I have never stayed more than one night in a row, as I continue on the next morning, so I haven't had any housekeeping issues. My stays, including the last one in October, have been pleasant and quiet. The staff have always treated my wife and I with the upmost courtesy and respect. The rooms are okay, nothing spectacular, but I'm not staying at the Waldorf. The nice thing is that I normally haul a small trailer to and from the two areas and I feel secure in parking it here behind the hotel. The pool (if the weather is decent) is small, but clean. If you're not interested in the breakfast served by the hotel, there is also a restaurant right across the street behind the gas station. It's location makes dinner or an early morning breakfast a breeze.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58/Mill Street, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Good Afternoon Tucson T,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you are a very loyal and satisfied guest of ours. I hope that we will continue to provide wonderful services to you and your family and look forward to your next stay at our hotel.
las vegas, nv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

A basic room at a decent price.

The breasfast if free, so don't expect too much. It was just what we expected, packaged re-heat eggs, meat, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls and instant pancakes. There is also cereal and breakfast rolls/pastries with whole fruit, it's not horrible, I've had much worse "for free."

The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, the price was affordable and the beds were pretty good and it wasn't noisy.

We got a good nights rest on a long road trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58/Mill Street, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of our guests feedback and I am glad to hear that we meet your expectations. I hope that we see you and your family again in the future and maybe exceed your expectations with our upcoming renovations including but not limited to the hotel rooms and breakfast.
Have a wonderful Holiday Season!
Toledo, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I will never stay at this Holiday Inn again. The housekeeping system here is the most inefficient and unpleasant situation for guests staying more than one night.

Last month my husband and I stayed here three nights. The room was fairly clean but the process that the housekeeping staff used was extremely irritating.
Basically, they start at one end of the hallway and begin to take off all of the sheets... (in every room).
Then they start again at the one end and clean all of the bathrooms..... (in every room)
Then they go back to the first room again at the end of the hall and put the sheets back on the bed.... (in every room)
Then they go back to vacuum and clean the trash etc.....

The hallway is rather long and has many rooms. During this process, no one can go into their rooms for several hours. Don't plan on being able to take a nap during this time... there are no sheets. The housekeeping staff doesn't speak English so unless you are bilingual, you'll have a hard time requesting sheets and blankets to put on your own bed.

I eventually asked the front desk if they thought this process seemed strange or inconvenient for paying guests. The lady at the front desk told me that "they do it that way so the laundry gets done." I politely asked if she could ask the housekeeping staff to clean my room completely when they enter. She kindly obliged but I could tell she was annoyed by my request.

I hate complaining to staff. It's just easier to go to another hotel that routinely keeps systems as convenient for guests as possible.

We decided not to stay the last night at the Holiday Inn and went to the Fairfield Inn up the road in Tehachapi. Fairfield was not only less expensive but the experience was much more pleasant. We even got a free upgrade to the executive suite.... Much more pleasant than Holiday Inn!!! I really wish we would have stayed at the Fairfield Inn the entire time. Next time we definitely will.

Good Luck!

Room Tip: Rooms at the Fairfield Inn are better and less expensive.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58/Mill Street, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am very sorry to hear about your experiance here and understand where you're coming from. Please be advised that we will work on improving how our housekeepers perform their tasks. We really appreciate your honesty and I want to assure you that it is very helpful to let staff members know when you are experiancing any problems. This would apply to any business situation as we are only able to improve quality of our services when our customers let us know. Hopefully someday you will give us another chance, but I understand if you don't and hope that you enjoy all your future stays within the hotel community.
Kimberly Mangus

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58/Mill Street? Share your experiences!