“A nice break in the trip!” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Tehachapi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“A nice break in the trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Tehachapi is a small mountain town about half way between my winter and summer homes. The Holiday Inn Express is one of the newer hotels in the area and is always a welcome sight after a long day on the road. I have never stayed more than one night in a row, as I continue on the next morning, so I haven't had any housekeeping issues. My stays, including the last one in October, have been pleasant and quiet. The staff have always treated my wife and I with the upmost courtesy and respect. The rooms are okay, nothing spectacular, but I'm not staying at the Waldorf. The nice thing is that I normally haul a small trailer to and from the two areas and I feel secure in parking it here behind the hotel. The pool (if the weather is decent) is small, but clean. If you're not interested in the breakfast served by the hotel, there is also a restaurant right across the street behind the gas station. It's location makes dinner or an early morning breakfast a breeze.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58/Mill Street, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Good Afternoon Tucson T,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you are a very loyal and satisfied guest of ours. I hope that we will continue to provide wonderful services to you and your family and look forward to your next stay at our hotel.
Kimberly Mangus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
las vegas, nv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

A basic room at a decent price.

The breasfast if free, so don't expect too much. It was just what we expected, packaged re-heat eggs, meat, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls and instant pancakes. There is also cereal and breakfast rolls/pastries with whole fruit, it's not horrible, I've had much worse "for free."

The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, the price was affordable and the beds were pretty good and it wasn't noisy.

We got a good nights rest on a long road trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58/Mill Street, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of our guests feedback and I am glad to hear that we meet your expectations. I hope that we see you and your family again in the future and maybe exceed your expectations with our upcoming renovations including but not limited to the hotel rooms and breakfast.
Have a wonderful Holiday Season!
Toledo, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I will never stay at this Holiday Inn again. The housekeeping system here is the most inefficient and unpleasant situation for guests staying more than one night.

Last month my husband and I stayed here three nights. The room was fairly clean but the process that the housekeeping staff used was extremely irritating.
Basically, they start at one end of the hallway and begin to take off all of the sheets... (in every room).
Then they start again at the one end and clean all of the bathrooms..... (in every room)
Then they go back to the first room again at the end of the hall and put the sheets back on the bed.... (in every room)
Then they go back to vacuum and clean the trash etc.....

The hallway is rather long and has many rooms. During this process, no one can go into their rooms for several hours. Don't plan on being able to take a nap during this time... there are no sheets. The housekeeping staff doesn't speak English so unless you are bilingual, you'll have a hard time requesting sheets and blankets to put on your own bed.

I eventually asked the front desk if they thought this process seemed strange or inconvenient for paying guests. The lady at the front desk told me that "they do it that way so the laundry gets done." I politely asked if she could ask the housekeeping staff to clean my room completely when they enter. She kindly obliged but I could tell she was annoyed by my request.

I hate complaining to staff. It's just easier to go to another hotel that routinely keeps systems as convenient for guests as possible.

We decided not to stay the last night at the Holiday Inn and went to the Fairfield Inn up the road in Tehachapi. Fairfield was not only less expensive but the experience was much more pleasant. We even got a free upgrade to the executive suite.... Much more pleasant than Holiday Inn!!! I really wish we would have stayed at the Fairfield Inn the entire time. Next time we definitely will.

Good Luck!

Room Tip: Rooms at the Fairfield Inn are better and less expensive.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58/Mill Street, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am very sorry to hear about your experiance here and understand where you're coming from. Please be advised that we will work on improving how our housekeepers perform their tasks. We really appreciate your honesty and I want to assure you that it is very helpful to let staff members know when you are experiancing any problems. This would apply to any business situation as we are only able to improve quality of our services when our customers let us know. Hopefully someday you will give us another chance, but I understand if you don't and hope that you enjoy all your future stays within the hotel community.
Adrian
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great place--We were just passing through going for a family visit and had reserved this hotel for 1 night. I'm really not a fan of Holiday Inn Express but this place really live up far better than my expectations. The staff was very friendly and the room was nice and clean. We had just made about a 5 hour trip and we relaxed very well here. It was quite and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58/Mill Street, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am really glad to hear that we exceded you expectations and I hope that on your trip back you will stop by again.
661-822-9837
Glendale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

On a trip between Arizona and northern California, we try to avoid L.A., and this hotel in Tehachapi is ideal. It's quiet, away from the railroad, and convenient to the highway. The service is very good with good recommendations for dinner. The breakfast is good with biscuits and gravy, delicious cinnamon rolls, eggs, and the usual cereals, breads, etc. This is our third time to stay here, and we will definitely stay here the next time we are circumventing L.A.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58/Mill Street, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for your review! It is always wonderful to hear that you have stayed at our hotel before and plan to continue staying here. We look forward to seeing you again someday! If you have any special requests for your future stay, please feel free to contact our hotel directly at 661.822.9837.
Hope to see you again real soon!
Vallejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed for multiple days while visiting family. Needed to bring two cats with us at the last minute, and staff were very flexible in accommodating this request. Room was well appointed and housekeepers were good about asking if we needed additional supplies/support during stay. Beds were nice, but every spring on the pull-out couch could be felt while sleeping. Window looked like it would open, but it did not: maybe because we were on third floor. Microwave and refrigerator were in small kitchen area with small sink and a few cupboards - great for multi-day stay.

Pool and hot tub were clean and functional, and there was a covered patio area with two sets of outdoor dining furniture and charcoal grills for guest use. Breakfast buffet was fresh, full, and well maintained until closure each morning. Fresh fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, hot and cold cereal, fresh cinnamon rolls, breakfast breads, and a pancake-making machine that caused quite a stir with the younger guests. Coffee available 24-hours is great for me.

We typically stay at the Best Western Mountain Inn, and chose Holiday Inn because it was pet-friendly with enclosed/interior corridors. Will stay here again if we can get a competitive price.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms on third floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58/Mill Street, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am glad that we meet all your expectations and if you would like to come back please call me at 661.822.9837 and I can see about working out a price for you and your family.
Again thank you and I hope we see you again soon =)
Jeffreys Bay, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Good value, good breadfast, great stay. Clean room, quiet and friendly staff

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58/Mill Street, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay. I hope we see you again someday =)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58/Mill Street? Share your experiences!