“country feel Like grandmas house” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ranch House Motel

Ranch House Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tehachapi
Ranch House Motel
E Tehachapi Blvd, Tehachapi, CA 93561   |
Ranked #8 of 9 hotels in Tehachapi
Las Vegas, Nevada
“country feel Like grandmas house”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

We were on our way to Bakersfield to see my grandma with my wife and my two young kids. We were on a budget and we looked every where for a room, it was 3:30 am and we were tiered. we came across a sighn that said Ranch Motel with an arrow pointing down a residential street. We didn't know what to think. We arrive at this little motel that looked like something out of a movie.It is a single story building couldnt be for than 16 rooms front and back. we parked by the office in the front so we didn't look around. We check in, price was good $49 flat.That was cheap everyone else wanted $59- $89 for the night. We walked in the room and was shocked, it was not what we expected of a motel room. It looked more like grandmas house. We asked for a 2 bed room we walked in and saw 1 full and 1 twin I emediatly started laughing I knew what bed I was getting. (the twin of course.) We proceded to unpack ,I looked at the bathroom very small it shared a wall fernace which you don't see anymore. We didn't turn it on so I couldn't tell you if it worked. There was no phone and we got 13 local channels which is fine. I like the shower I am a tall man and it is hard to find a shower that is tall enough for me to stand under with out practicaly getting onmy knees. As for the bed it was not comfortable it was hard and springy. But I was so tiered I could have slept on plywood and been fine. As for the other review that said the train was loud and and the carpets were dirty. I looked ate the carpets they looked new and the walls are brick so little noise. And the bed spreads where new, they where quilts not comforters it went well with the room. the sheets and pillow cases didn't match they looked like my grandmas linens not your tipical white sheets and tacky bed covering. Perks in the room it had a large desk and a small icebox. (fridge)
All in all I liked it. The next day we woke up and walked out side and accutually looked at it. it was nice out side. it had ivy growing on trelices in the front. it had a big shade tree and plants in a wheelberral. the only thing it was lacking was a couple of gnomes and grandma bent over dong yard work. lol.. Because of this motel my wife fell inlove with this town. ps. sence we arrived so late they let us check out at noon when regular check out was 10am

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2003

This motel is a dump. The rooms are filthy,with layers of dust on everything,the carpets are stained,the bedlinen is full of cigarette burns l could go on.. I slept fully clothed and wouldn't walk on the carpet without shoes. And it doesn't end there...the motel is right on the railroad crossing so you are kept awake all night by the trains 'tooting'as they pass by. Why did l stop here?? There were no more rooms in town.

• Stayed September 2003

Been to Ranch House Motel? Share your experiences!