“Our favorite bed & breakfast so far!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tahoma Meadows B&B Cottages

You added Tahoma Meadows B&B Cottages to your Saves list
Tahoma Meadows B&B Cottages
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   6821 W. Lake Blvd (Hwy 89), PO Box 234, Tahoma, CA 96142   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Tahoma B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Turlock, California
“Our favorite bed & breakfast so far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

This was the 3rd Bed & Breakfast that my husband & I have stayed at (an anniversary tradition for us that we started with our 1st anniversary, this was anniversary #3). Each bed & breakfast that we have stayed at has been amazing, but this was our favorite so far. We loved the stand alone cottage and the breakfast had so many choices and was absolutely delicious! When we called to reserve the room, we had another choice in mind, but the girl recommended us to the Mountain Hideaway for just a little bit more. She said it was more secluded. The only concern that I had was because that was one of the pet friendly rooms, and fleas for some reason love my husband. But she assured me that they clean their rooms thoroughly and that they have never had an issue with fleas or with pet allergies, so we went ahead and booked the Mountain Hideaway instead. It was a great move! We loved the room. We loved the fact that it was stand alone, and it was the last cabin on their property. The room was perfect. To be honest, the only negative thing that I can say, is that the bathroom is a little on the small side. But it was clean and enjoyable just the same, not a deal breaker in our opinion.

Before arriving to the Tahoma Meadows, I printed out their restaurant recommendation list, and we stopped at West Side Pizza before checking in. We didn't want to fill up too much because were were going on the dinner cruise on the M.S. Dixie in just a couple of hours. This was a great recommendation, West Side Pizza. We just had 2 of their appetizers, and ended up taking half of one of them back with us.

The staff at Tahoma Meadows was very nice and offered to help us with any plans for the day, but we were set (the main thing we wanted to do was the dinner cruise, other than that we just wanted to drive around the lake and relax, nothing big). They want to make each and every guest comfortable and feel important, and I believe that they accomplish that every day. When we return to Tahoe, this is at the top of our list on where to stay! The only thing holding us back would be wanting to leave bed & breakfasts for our anniversaries. But my husband has already said that he would love to stay at Tahoma Meadows if we ever return to the area other than an anniversary.

We definitely recommend Tahoma Meadows to anyone staying in the Tahoe area. It's a quiet area, away from all the busyness of South Tahoe. Some might say that the price is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for, which is more than I can say for many hotels in that same price range. You get a GREAT private room, a GREAT breakfast, and a GREAT staff! What more can we ask for?

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Grants Pass, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

Wonderful place & owners!! I couldn't have asked for a better more cozy comfortable place to stay. Ulli & Dick & Linda were absolutly wonderful. Everything was clean & cozy & the sticky buns & omeletes were 5 star! See you on my next trip!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

The title says it all. While this may be a dog-friendly establishment, the services recommended by them should never be trusted as they actually lost my dog. I highly recommend that you do not stay here, as worse yet, they have done nothing in response to my complaints since the event ensued -- not even an apology.

A few details on what happened that allowed such a traumatic event to occur in the first place ... I was attending a wedding near Lake Tahoe with a friend and wanted to bring my dog. I thought that this B&B would be perfect as I could leave my dog in his crate during times when we'd be gone for a few hours. Because I knew I would be gone for more than 8 hours for the wedding, I asked about dog-walking services. The staff quickly responded that this wouldn't be a problem.

In retrospect, this is what I learned.

1. The dog-walker had absolutely no training on dogs. He was just a boyfriend of the staff member.
2. The dog-walker, upon entry into my cottage, failed to close the door. My dog was locked in his crate. The dog-walker then failed to put a leash on my dog. He just opened the crate door. My dog immediately ran out and was gone.
3. Tahoma B&B did not call me for 2 hours after my dog escaped. By the time I got back, it was dark and though I searched for a couple of hours, nothing resulted.
4. Although staff members and some guests helped search the night that my dog escaped, the next morning, no one but my friend and I were searching. The owner from the B&B searched for an hour or so, but then resumed other activities. I am not aware of any other staff member searching for my dog.
5. The dog-walker never apologized for what happened. I called him and instead of returning my call, his girlfriend returned my call.
6. I endured a sleepless night worrying about my dog and even with that, I paid the full amount of my stay for the room. The B&B didn't even offer a token gesture of sympathy for what happened.

With all that said, I have no doubt that the owners and staff were sincerely concerned about my dog's situation. But the way the problem was handled was so poor that I cannot recommend this place to anyone.

The good news is that my friend and I finally found my dog - 20 hours after he went missing. Unfortunately, I cannot thank the B&B for his return.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

We had two spare days in our Californian road trip and came across this property by chance. It is situated on the beautiful west side of Tahoe. Its the overall experience that rates this place five stars. Tahoma Meadows has several cottages in an area just back from the main road and very close to the beautiful lake. Breakfasts are provided in the main building and are quite fantastic. One day we had Creme Brulee french toast. Beautiful. Staff were so helpful and friendly. The nearby beach is lovely. 6000FT above sea level with the most gorgeous aqua coloured water. Now for the bears, you will probably encounter them. On our last day i walked out to the car to start packing and right in front of me was a young male black bear less than 20 metres from me. The maid quickly let off the hooter and the bear was off. A quite remarkable encounter.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

Back from another fabulous weekend at Tahoma Meadows! My husband and I and our yellow lab spent Sat and Sunday night in a great cottage (the Angler)...recently redone with hard wood floors and a gas fireplace in the bedroom. We've stayed in several of the cottages and they are all well maintained, clean and adorable! They have a few cottages that allow 4 legged guests...how cool is that.

We found this jewel of a place about 4 years ago and make it up there at least 3 times a year. Dick and Ulli White and their staff are incrediblly hospitable. They love the Tahoe area and can point you in the right direction for eveything....skiing, hiking, eating, you name it!

Check them out...www.tahomameadows.com

You will NOT be disappointed!!!
Colleen and Kevin and the 4 legged kid, Emmie

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Northern CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

The cabin was tiny and very hot (summer) and I don't remember that there were screens on the windows which we had to leave open. The bathroom sink was unbelievably small like on a train and there were no shelves to put anything. The clawfoot tub was up so high that we almost couldn't get into it. The toilet seat was tiny. Thesmall TV was 'way up on a shelf near the ceiling. The beds were twins and very narrow. Our cabin was next to a larger one that had 4 noisy people who sat outside until the wee hours, drinking and laughing. The best thing about the place was the breakfast - the food was delicious - but it was upstairs, 2nd floor over the office, and I wondered how disabled or elderly people could get up the stairs. At the time, I think our rate was $126 and we really felt gypped.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
Bow, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

We recently stayed 3 nights in the Sugar Pine Cabin - it's adorable. We loved the roominess of 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and having a kitchen. The market down the street was a short walk and very convenient. We really enjoyed our first visit to Tahoe and the Sugar Pine cabin.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Tahoma Meadows B&B Cottages? Share your experiences!