This was the 3rd Bed & Breakfast that my husband & I have stayed at (an anniversary tradition for us that we started with our 1st anniversary, this was anniversary #3). Each bed & breakfast that we have stayed at has been amazing, but this was our favorite so far. We loved the stand alone cottage and the breakfast had so many choices and was absolutely delicious! When we called to reserve the room, we had another choice in mind, but the girl recommended us to the Mountain Hideaway for just a little bit more. She said it was more secluded. The only concern that I had was because that was one of the pet friendly rooms, and fleas for some reason love my husband. But she assured me that they clean their rooms thoroughly and that they have never had an issue with fleas or with pet allergies, so we went ahead and booked the Mountain Hideaway instead. It was a great move! We loved the room. We loved the fact that it was stand alone, and it was the last cabin on their property. The room was perfect. To be honest, the only negative thing that I can say, is that the bathroom is a little on the small side. But it was clean and enjoyable just the same, not a deal breaker in our opinion.
Before arriving to the Tahoma Meadows, I printed out their restaurant recommendation list, and we stopped at West Side Pizza before checking in. We didn't want to fill up too much because were were going on the dinner cruise on the M.S. Dixie in just a couple of hours. This was a great recommendation, West Side Pizza. We just had 2 of their appetizers, and ended up taking half of one of them back with us.
The staff at Tahoma Meadows was very nice and offered to help us with any plans for the day, but we were set (the main thing we wanted to do was the dinner cruise, other than that we just wanted to drive around the lake and relax, nothing big). They want to make each and every guest comfortable and feel important, and I believe that they accomplish that every day. When we return to Tahoe, this is at the top of our list on where to stay! The only thing holding us back would be wanting to leave bed & breakfasts for our anniversaries. But my husband has already said that he would love to stay at Tahoma Meadows if we ever return to the area other than an anniversary.
We definitely recommend Tahoma Meadows to anyone staying in the Tahoe area. It's a quiet area, away from all the busyness of South Tahoe. Some might say that the price is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for, which is more than I can say for many hotels in that same price range. You get a GREAT private room, a GREAT breakfast, and a GREAT staff! What more can we ask for?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cozy cottages on Lake Tahoe's west shore. Just 8 miles from Tahoe City we have cottages for couples and families. Tahoma Meadows B&B also accepts pets in over half of our cottages. Skiing at Homewood Mtn Resort or spending the day paddling at Sugar Pine Point State Park are just a few of the things you can do just minutes from our doorstep. We look forward to helping you make your stay here at Lake Tahoe one of the best vacations that you have ever had. We hope to see you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Tahoma Meadows B&B Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahoma Meadows b&b Cottages Hotel Tahoma
- Tahoma Meadows Bed And Breakfast Cottages