“Under new ownership” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Norfolk Woods Inn

Norfolk Woods Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tahoma
Norfolk Woods Inn
You added Norfolk Woods Inn to your Saves list
6941 West Lake Blvd., Tahoma, CA 96142   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Tahoma B&B and Inns
Sacramento
“Under new ownership”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2008

This is not the first time I''ve stayed at the Norfolk Woods Inn but after the first time I thought I would never go back. We could not ge a room anywhere else due to our trip being last minute but I ended up getting lucky and finding a room at Norfolk. Last time I was there the service sucked and the cabins were not up to par but this time it seemed to be much better. Before leaving I asked the front desk girl when they had made the changes and she told me that they were recently under new ownership. Finally some people buy that place that seem to know what they are doing. Keep up the good work and making changes!!!

Stayed December 2008

Families
Solo
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2006

My husband and I needed a place to stay near Homewood for one night while visiting the grandkids. When trying to check in (the sign stated OPEN) the front door was locked, using the phone outside the front door was useless as no one answered. The lady had told me on the phone that they lived there and were there all the time. Not true. I phoned later in the day around 3 PM and the daughter did answer and said that they were out that morning. Luckily we were only 2 miles away. When we came back that night we again had to use the outside phone to get the daughter again to open up. No outside lights were on. The vision of ours being the only vehicle in the parking lot should have told us something. She told us we could have the "quiet" room upstairs #6. I asked what time was breakfast and she hesitated and said about 9AM. The room was small, smelled like cat pee, no washcloths, no T.V. very bad lighting, shower was very tiny, only one paper wrapped bar of soap,one half roll of TP only. The traffic noise keep me awake most of the night. We wanted to get out of there early the next morning so went downstairs to check out. No one was there again, we called on their outside phone and no one answered. We left a check and the keys. Sure wish we had read your review before hand.

• Stayed July 2006
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2006

As a family, we look forward to short getaways when we can and were looking forward to staying at Norfolk Woods Inn since it's a short distance away. It was a 3-day weekend and wanted to stay for 2 nights. We stayed at Norfolk 6 years ago and had a wonderful time and were hoping for the same, but we were heavily disappointed. The list is long for the "bad" and short on the "good".
THE ARRIVAL: First of all, there was no manager or other person to ck in with. You had to call on a phone located outside the front door. No information was taken from us once she arrived. She pulled a key out of her pocket (this was for the front door) and we had to ask twice for our room key. The place had a dusky, bad odor. There were dead plants, cobwebs and dust everywhere. She said we could watch TV, but it was broken. The glass cover in front of the fireplace was broken and looked like it was about to fall apart. The fireplace looked like it had not been cleaned out in months. The entrance looked more like a storage area than a sitting area with worn-out chairs and dirty carpet. It was very cold inside as well. The snow was not properly removed in the walkway and had to be careful when going in and out of the hotel. The manager (or whatever she is titled) parked her truck in the middle of the parking area and we were not able to get around her vehicle. Parking was very limited.
OUR ROOM: We stayed at the end in Rm #7. We had a nice king size bed and my children were to sleep on a trundle bed; however, the bottom mattress of the bed was missing and she said there was only a pad for my youngest son to sleep on. She only gave us sheets and no blankets for him to sleep on. The windows were single-paned and cold air leaked in. My son found the heater control just outside our door and we cranked it up to 85, but were still cold. On the plus side, in the large closet in the room where there was old hangers and newpapers, we had towels galore. There was no maid service, no trash pick-up. We cleaned our own room and took out our own garbage. The manager lived on the 3rd story and the ceiling/floor was so thin you could hear her (or whoever) walking around - a lot of creaks; not a lot of insulation obviously.
THE BATHROOM: It was cute, but very, very small. There was no place to put all your stuff except on the toilet seat/lid. Thank goodness the water was at least hot.
After unpacking, we thought it would be nice to have a fire to get warm by, but we were disappointed to find out that no one had started a fire. Instead, my husband stated one for us. While sitting by the fire, another guest arrived and had reservations for a cabin. She said the next day that they had to start their own fire with wood they bought and the highest temp it got inside was 64 degrees. She was very disappointed because they had people coming in to town as well to join them. Needless to say, she found other accomodations.
The next morning, there was just warm, not hot coffee and prewrapped pastries. Nothing to brag about. Our 2nd morning (why we stayed 2 nights, I'll never know) there was coffee, but it was from the day before! We couldn't wait to get out of there. We are a family who is easily pleased, but we were pushed to the max. When you work hard and want a get-away now and then, you hope to have a good experience. I am sorry to say that I will never stay here again. I can't express how seriously disappointed we were. One star rating is too high for this dump. There are more and better options in the area.

• Stayed February 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2005

The Norfolk Woods Inn has to be the worse place we've ever stayed at. If there were a lower rating than terrible, this place would merit it. Don't be fooled by the pictures on their website. Those are pictures of the one new cabin on the property and are not representative of the property as a whole. Some of the problems encountered were as follows:

1.No adult supervision or management available
2.No snow removal plan. We needed to shovel our steps and porch – with our own shovel! The walkway to our steps was not cleared after snowstorm on 12/29. Very painful watching a teenage girl trying to push a snow blower through 48” of snow. The restaurant owner could drive the bucket loader, but snow did not get cleared until well after breakfast hours. It took us over an hour to leave after digging out our 4-wheel drive GMC Envoy twice after getting stuck in the driveway. Again, thanks to the restaurant owner for finally clearing our path after he dealt with the fire department investigating a gas leak and red tagging his kitchen.
3.No heat in upstairs bedrooms
4.Windows not insulated – blowing snow on our face through bottom of back bedroom window. Lovely at 3:00 AM!
5.Cushions on sleeper sofa are old and do not adequately cover the large bar of the sleeper underneath. You end up sitting (or laying) on the cold bar. Sofa cushions had previous rips sewn closed
6.No other seating in the living room other than an uncomfortable “timber” chair or the dining chairs
7.Bathroom shower is useless for anyone over 5’5” tall (my husband is 6’ 2” tall)
8.Limited or no maid service (one day they pulled the covers over the pillows on the beds)
9.No daily cleaning or vacuuming
10.Cottage living room had cobwebs and dust
11.No microwave in this “fully equipped kitchen”, along with no light in refrigerator, or replacement bulb available, pilot light in oven would not stay lit, no soup bowls (eventually provided) or cooking utensils such as a spatula, etc.
12.Phone line was shared – when accessing a dial-up ISP we had to check to see if the line was already in use. And it was on numerous occasions.
13.Porch light not grounded, creating a shock hazard when you touched screws protruding through the inside wall
14.No cable TV all day and night Friday (12/31) and none on Saturday morning before we left.

Been to Norfolk Woods Inn? Share your experiences!