“You wont beat the location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday House

You added Holiday House to your Saves list
Holiday House
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7276 North Lake Blvd., P.O.Box 229, Tahoe Vista, CA 96148   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Tahoe Vista
Bristol
“You wont beat the location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I only stayed at the Holiday House for one night. The view is totally outstanding with a nice decking area to sit out on. We ate lunch next door at Captain John's which is set out on decking with again, fantastic views and dinner a little further on at the SteakHouse which was good quality and value. There is also a Safeway for stocks about a mile away and a Laundry attached to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pueblo, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is one of the few hotels that actually face the lake - a real jewel with only 6 suites. It has beautiful views - could not get enough of the scenery through the huge windows. The kitchenette was perfect for breakfast and lunch preparation and even a simple dinner - small refrigerator, coffee machine, microwave, toaster, small cooktop and oven. I don't go on vacation to cook, so it worked out well for my husband and me. It is very rustic - tongue and groove pine paneling in all rooms, even the bathroom. Coffee, Tazo tea, salt and pepper, and sugar were all provided by Alvina, the owner, who is a jewel herself. Comfortable bed with lovely sheets, fresh towels everyday if you want them, nice sofa was a queen sleeper but we never opened it, lots of chairs/pillows/coverlets outside on the deck for your comfort. It was a little chilly when we were there but the sun was warm, so the coverlets were a nice addition if you got a little cool while enjoying the great outdoors. If you like rustic, charming inns, you will love the Holiday House. If you like the glitz and luxury of the Ritz-Carlton or the Sheraton, you might not be happy here - but you will miss a great experience!

Room Tip: All rooms face the lake and there are only two levels - so the only decision is whether you want to...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I live in reno nv. I was a long term lake tahoe resident with my doggies. To my frustration, where to go with the kids. Yes. Holiday house inn not only is the the best view, lake front lodging, but takes dogs!!!!! The owner of this wonderful lodge, to me, is the best treasure. She is not only a dog lover herself, but someone who is full of life. Wait until you meet her. She well prove to you, you get better with age. The most gorgous view of lake tahoe at your front window!!!!!!! JAMIE

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Gary and I booked the Holiday House from 9/21/12-9/30/12, for 10 days and was sooooooooo pleased. The view alone from our condo was worth a MILLION dollars !!!! Alvina the gracious hostess is an angel !!! Gary had to have emergency knee surgery the next day and Alvina made me feel so comfortable and reasurring during this scarry time that I felt like I was home away from home, she literally let me lean on her shoulders during Gary's four day stay in the hospital, being from Michigan and soooooooooo far away. She took it upon herself to make sure I had a really nice stay and as a result I have a new wonderful friend in Tahoe Vista that is simply the "best" !!!! I would not stay anywhere else in Tahoe, but the HOLIDAY HOUSE. The atmosphere is clean, cozy, warm and puts a "smile" on your face until you have to leave!!! Thanks Alvina for EVERYTHING !!!! You really have a special place that all travelers need to see and appreciate...I was so lucky to find you and your "Holiday House" the pleasure was all mine !!!!!! Michele

P.S. Gary is doing much better...and you already know we'll definitely be back !!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This has to be one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.The rooms are fantastically equipped with everything you could want for a longish stay,the clealiness is superb and there's a big Safe way down the road!! The views are something else.Spectacular yet soothing.Will I be back? Can't wait.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Carmel, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The Holiday House is such a special place. We had never stayed here before and the main reason we booked with the Holiday House was we could bring our dog... what a pleasant surprise this little hotel is!

First, the Holiday House offers THE BEST lake views, hands down, for the price. The property is right on the lake and all the rooms either open up to a shared deck or balcony with chairs and tables. There isn't a beach, but you can walk down the stairs right to the water and swim out to a floating dock. Your also walking distance to a few different restaurants (Spindleshanks and Captain John's).

The woman who runs/owns the property, Alvina, is very friendly and welcoming, and just a lovely hostess. If we needed anything, she was happy to accommodate us.

While it's a small property (I think just 8 rooms), we felt like we had privacy. The rooms are spacious, and the room we stayed in had a separate bedroom and living room, with a full kitchen. My husband, dog, and I were very comfortable staying there for a week. Keep in mind that the coffee mugs may not match, etc., but that's really the charm of the place. And I have to say the shower was really nice!

We had such a lovely time, we ended up adding a day to our 7 day stay, because we didn't want to leave. I'm so glad we found this Tahoe treasure!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Bragg, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Holiday House was in an excellent location with fantastic views. The furniture was a little worn but it was only one of very few on the lake side that allows dogs. The owner even brought some throw blankets for the couch and bed just in case your dog jumps on the furniture along with a towel if your dog gets wet and doggie biscuits. The little kitchenette was just the right size for preparing breakfast although new fry pans would be appreciated. There is a Bar B Q for anyone to use. Parking is a little tight but not a problem.

Room Tip: All rooms have full lake view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday House? Share your experiences!