“worse meal I have ever eaten” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Tahoe Vista, California
“worse meal I have ever eaten”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We recieved our meal half cooked with styrofoam attached to the food. it was disgusting . The place is falling apart and is filthy. The landlord should be cited and the place closed down. It is a disgrace

Visited August 2012

Walnut Creek, California
“A funky favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Authentic mexican food. While you wait you can watch soap operas in Spanish and enjoy the fun funky atmosphere. Always a favorite we return once or twice every summer.

Visited August 2012
Nevada City, California
“Used to be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We really enjoyed grabbing a cheap taco here when this place was owned by the original owner. However, it changed hands a few years ago, and has gone downhill somewhat since. First off, the place is pretty grubby / dirty now. The food used to be excellent (for what it was, an inexpensive taco stand), but now the food is just okay. We'll eat there in a pinch, or for convenience, but not because we look forward to it like we used to. They REALLY need to clean the place and fix it up...

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, California
“Sancho's Works for my Family”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I don't agree with the previous two negative reviews of this establishment. When my family takes its annual vacation to Lake Tahoe, Sancho's is always the place we go to for good, takeout, Mexican fare. This is a basic mom and pop restaurant that churns out tasty and substantial selections using good ingredients. I lean toward the burritos (carnitas is my favorite) and my wife likes the pollo del diablo. The owner and his staff are friendly, helpful and courteous. I would agree that the dishes could probably use a bit more spiciness for my taste, but I'm guessing that the owner probably caters to the tastes of his regular customers. A nod to the chef for more spiciness/heat when ordering your selection will probably do the trick.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Gut Bomb Gruel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I read the other reviews and they must have eaten something else. I had a plain bean burrito , and while it was huge, it was awful. Some kind of white starchy bean with, I'm sure authentic, white hunks of bland cheese. I kept dumping onions and cilantro on this glop in a vain attempt to make it some what palatable. I do have to say I was so hungry that it wasn't until I had eaten about half that I returned to my senses and actually became conscious of the mess I had eaten. While leaving I did notice that the party of four beach goers from across the street left half of their mystery glop as well. On the hour and half drive to home base I could feel the ball of greasy starch move through my gastro - intestinal tract, As a science physiology experiment I give 5 points - as food i give a big red caution.

• Visited July 2011