“I'd go there just for breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rustic Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tahoe Vista
Rustic Cottages
You added Rustic Cottages to your Saves list
7449 North Lake Blvd, PO Box 18, Tahoe Vista, CA 96148   |
Oakland, California
“I'd go there just for breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've had the pleasure of staying at Rustic Cottages several times and have rented one of the cottages, houses and a room. All of the times I've stayed I've been REALLY happy with my stay and accomodations.

BIRDHOUSE: My family and friends and I have rented the Birdhouse for New Year's Eve a couple of times and have loved it. The house is always clean, the towels and sheets are pressed and crisp, plenty of room for roaming around and hijinx, also close enough to the main Rustic area to get waffles and oj in the morning before hittng the slopes. One of the best things is how incredibly stupid cheap it is to rent the place. Don't tell the owners this or they might raise the price but compared to most vacation rentals in the area it's almost half the normal cost.

Cottages: I can't remember the name of the cottage we rented but I know it slept 4. It was a little crowded I admit for 4 people but I think that's because some of the people snored and the rest didnt lol. Everything was clean and in order no complaints from me.

PROS: Every morning you can make your own waffles, I think they have cereal too. It's easy to carb up before hitting the slopes and this really saves you money and time. ALSO when you get back from the slopes they ALWAYS have homemade chocolate chip cookies nom nom nom soooo nummers. Our ski groups always love Rustic because there is so much more to do than ski or snowboard. It's centrally located so people can go snoe shoeing, sledding or just walk along the lake. Dogs are welcome (however beware the dog friendly cabins are a little more worn from puppy love). Free movie rentals also. Okay so the movies are like 20 brajillion years old but hey its something and they have a lot of movies where you go "oh yeah I remember that one let's watch it again."

CONS: No casinos close by so the gamblers anonymous people have to go somewhere else. It's also on Northside so not a big party scene but honestly I'm too old and grumpy to want to party until I black out.

Although this place may not have state of the art junk it's comfy and the front desk people always treat you like you're an old friend. I think it's a steal for all of the good free stuff you get and can't help but smile when I think of Rustic.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Davis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed with my boyfriend in one of the cottages and it greatly exceeded our expectations! We were well taken care of and utilized the DVD rental (and popcorn!), ping pong table, free delicious breakfast, and hot tub. The cottage was perfect size for 2 of us and includes a fridge and microwave which is convenient. The location is perfect-- right across from a small beach area which is perfect for morning sunrise viewing. Definitely would stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Labor day weekend 2012. We spent a mini-honeymoon in Lake Tahoe and saw the Rustic Cottage as an affordable way to spend time together and bring our dog. It was smart, quiet and cozy. I wanted to do something special for my wife and called the owner who was awesome to work with. He helped me get everything I asked in the cottage for a surprise for my new bride. They were always happy to help whether my requests or the requests of a family staying there.

We saw it as an affordable way to stay in a perfect sized cottage, but it was SOO much more than that. The cottages have everything you need in a quaint setting within walking distance to the beach, restaurants and store. The owners were wonderful and the food in the morning was great.

I can't thank them enough for going out of their way to make our mini-honeymoon very enjoyable and memorable. Thanks Marshall!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at ridgewood lodge tahoe vista 2 bedroomed ( floor 2)) with a very comfortable day bed for 2 in lounge. 5th phase of holiday! We loved it - great kitchen and bathroom very spacious. Great waffles and muffins. For breakfast. The staff are lovely,very considerate and helpful with lots of advice if you want. The pool was divine in the morning cool and quiet. We were told that the bear might come at night so we watched for him but he knew and didn't appear. Lake Tahoe is simply gorgeous and there were plenty of eateries shops bars etc. nearby. Highly recommended

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Rustic Cottages this time, but a couple of years before we stayed at their other property, Tahoe Vista. Both are great for family. We did not use the TV or take advantage of their DVDs but we did take their popcorn. The attention is great, you just have to ask! The kids enjoyed making their own waffles for breakfast and looked forward to the brownies and cookies put out at 5:00 in the afternoon. The location is good for beach, mini-golf and restaurants and is not far from Incline Village for shops. These are far from luxury accomodations but are cozy and basic.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed at the Rustic Cottages for a family reunion for 2 nights in July. We stayed in the Manzanita, a charming little cottage, perfect for our family of 4 that includes 2 teens. The cottage looks like a rustic cabin but it is very clean, and housekeeping was excellent. We loved the cozy feel of the cottage and getting to the gorgeous lake beach across the street was a piece of cake. It's a great change from the cookie cutter hotels like Marriott and Holiday Inn. It's locally owned and the staff does a great job trying to accommodate guests. I was a little worried booking the cottage after reading the four negative reviews, but we found our stay nothing short of FABULOUS! All of the 40+ "very good" and "excellent" reviews are more on the money! When we arrived were were pleasantly greeted by the owner and his wife who go above and beyond in service. Another front desk staff member, Cathy, was incredibly helpful and friendly, too. We loved the coffee, muffins, juice, and waffles in the am and the lemonade and fresh, homemade brownies and cookies in the afternoon. Also, we got simple free souvenir coffee mugs from the Rustic Cottages - nice touch. In the evenings, the staff recommended convenient nearby food options - go with the owner suggested pizza (I think it was called CiCi's Pizza) - NOT China Wok like we chose although we were warned. Rustic Cottages staff also let us borrow (free) movies to play back in the room, and we did turn on our cute fire place even though it was not too chilly at night just for atmosphere and to make the cottage even cozier. In the mornings we found that there were hiking/running trails just up Agatam (part of North Lake Tahoe Regional Parks) which was much better than exercising on the road like many runners do. Overall it was a very pleasant stay and we highly recommend this to those guests looking for comfort, convenience and friendliness.

Room Tip: try to get away from the road....back cottages are the best, but they are also bigger and more expen...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The cottage was very nice and cozy and was quite comfortable. For all its rustic feel I was very pleasantly surprised to find complimentary wifi. The beach and lake is just across the street, eliminating the hassle of driving to a beach and parking. Also had free waffles for breakfast and there were plenty of other food options nearby for lunch and dinner. If you want some exercise there are plenty of jogging trails nearby too. Great place to stay in Tahoe

Room Tip: Try to get a cottage located away from the road because it is quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rustic Cottages? Share your experiences!