We stayed here for two nights right at the end of August. I was a little worried that I wasn't going to like the place before we arrived as some of the reviews hadn't been that great but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. We had a second floor room without a balcony that was plenty spacious for our family of five. The room included a sofa bed which was a nice change (the number of places we have stayed and paid for five this vacation and then found nowhere for the fifth person to sleep have been numerous!). The wifi was great, beds comfy, the place was very clean, although slightly dated, and the breakfast was great. The kids love making waffles and the fruit salad was just great. I got the feeling that the place is being slowly upgraded as the front desk/breakfast area looks a lot newer than everywhere else. It was in a great location - just across from the beach but there weren't too many choices of places to eat in an evening around. The negatives were the noise from the road which didn't stop all night long. We needed to sleep with the window open as it was warm and the fan in the room, rather than air conditioning, didn't quite do the trick so that didn't help with the noise factor. Having said that most properties around Lake Tahoe are on the same road, so this must be a common problem. There was also just one pillow per person on the bed..... we had an extra in the car - sorry but I'm a two pillow girl :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Firelite Lodge resides directly across from a sandy beach and small marina, allowing our guests great views and access to Lake Tahoe. Kayak, Stand-Up Paddle board rental and sailing school/rental located at the beach. North Tahoe Regional Park is located less than 1 mile from the lodge. Great starting point to hiking and mountain biking. Mountain bike rental located at the property. During winter season discount ski passes available to Squaw Valley, Northstar, Alpine Meadows and Homewood. Outdoor hot spa and seasonal swimming pool. All guest rooms are equipped with gas fireplaces, microwave ovens, refrigerators, coffee makers, 42" LCD TV with premium programming: 5 HBO and 4 ESPN channels, Blue-Ray DVD players. WiFi and Continental Breakfast is included in our room rate. 100% Non smoking lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Firelite Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firelite Hotel Tahoe Vista
- Firelite Motel Tahoe Vista