Honestly, i'd give Mourelatos a 3.5, not a 4. Because it was so pristinely CLEAN I gave it a 4 rather than a 3. The positives: CLEAN, roomy room, plenty of hot water, nice little kitchen, comfortable furniture and a lovely place to sit outside in front of the room. Easy access to a beautiful and clean beach. The way the rooms are set up it is perfect for a family reunion and easy access visiting.
The negatives: the floors (especially in the linoleum kitchen and bathroom area) creaked so loud it made it prohibitive to get up and walk around when others were sleeping for fear of waking them. The window coverings were in disrepair making it difficult to close them. I had to step up on a chair and rig them everytime we wanted to open or close them completely. Also, if you have trouble sleeping with any lights you might have a problem here. There is a window in the top of the door and the lights from outside flow in all night long. Your view is BEAUTIFUL, but because it is from your front window you lack privacy when the curtains are open. There is no restaurant.
I'd certainly recommend Mourelatos because of the pros. It is a perfect place for families and large parties that want to be together. I wouldn't call it a resort though. It felt more like a lodge with an amazing beach.
- Also Known As:
- Mourelatos Lakeshore Hotel Tahoe Vista
- Mourelatos Lakeshore Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family-owned Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort offers guests the perfect mix of comfort and inspiring views for those looking to book a memorable Tahoe lakefront get-away. Each suite faces the lake and includes a covered patio that overlooks the resort’s private sandy beach. Guests can also enjoy two outdoor spas, beautifully maintained grounds, gardens and a beach front patio ideal for barbequing, star gazing or taking in the spectacular Lake Tahoe views. Best of all, the resort’s lakefront setting provides access to a multitude of water and land-based human-powered recreation (think kayaking, snowshoeing, hiking and more). The owners’ commitment to warmly welcome guests with authentic Greek hospitality keeps customers coming back for more. Centrally located along Tahoe’s North shore, Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort is surrounded by year-round recreational opportunities galore and an abundance of great dining and shopping options. The Mourelatos family invites guests to relax, enjoy and cherish Lake Tahoe with them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.