I have to admit, I was nervous about this place because of some of the reviews, but decided to go for it anyway (since I like getting a good deal!) We rented a 2 bedroom cottage and traveled with some family friends. All in all 4 Adults and two kids at 2 yrs old. The overall experience was great! The location was spectacular, we stayed in 305 and the view was amazing!
The first positive was when we walked in, the place smelled very clean. The cottage's age is obviously old, but from the carpet to the beds to the dishes, everything was spotless. The furniture & beds were very comfortable as well. And the full kitchen was a huge plus. We didn't even need to buy wine glasses, it was stocked. The place was small, but was actually charming for our group, it was actually good space for hanging, chatting, playing board games and other fun family vacay things! Bathrooms in each of the bedrooms was nice too. I wasn't expecting the Ritz, but I think I did get more than I was expecting.
There were only three real drawbacks to this place, but they wouldn't prevent me from coming back.
1. Wi-fi was poor. Our room was right across from the office, but could only get occasional internets. It would be better if each cottage had a router that provided maximum connection.
2. While it was nice to have two bedrooms, it wasn't nice that we had to walk through one of them to get to the other one. The second bedroom did have a door to the outside, so I could have walked around, but who wants to do that in the snow! But wasn't that big a deal overall.
3. The doors were slightly sticky; this was only an issue when the kids were asleep and we were trying to sneak in the rooms without waking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tahoe Sands Resort. The sunny-side of the lake's best kept secret. Centrally located in Tahoe Vista, the Tahoe Sands Resort spans across four acres of open lakefront property and also offers a more private get-away hidden in the wooded acreage adjacent to the main buildings. Studios, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom units complete with kitchens are available throughout the property. The large open grass area offers a great recreational space or a relaxing place for all guests. Our private sand beach, one of Tahoe's best, is just steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Tahoe Sands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahoe Sands Hotel Tahoe Vista