“Yummy!” 5 of 5 stars

3051 Harrison Ave, South Lake Tahoe, CA (Not Tahoe City), Tahoe City, CA 96150
(530) 541-5421
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Doing business, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Santa Cruz, California
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

Oh My, I think I finally found my favorite restaurant.The food was really good, I ordered a burrito, and picked from my fiances fajitas. The atmosphere was really nice, & warming, I went on a busy day so the service wasn't the greatest, but i wasn't in hurry so I didn't mind.
The only negative was that the food was pretty pricey & they don't have a full bar.
None the less the drinks were great, the food was delicious, & servers were nice!
I always come here when I'm in the area & i recommend it to my friends & family here in Santa Cruz. it's my new favorite place!

Tfal75
“The Bomb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

We just went here last night for dinner it was so good my out of town guests want to go back tonight, I live here in Tahoe, and this is the best mexican food on south shore, authentic and reasonably priced. I also like that the tables are spaced well in the resturant and not on top of each other.

Olathe, Kansas
“Great Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

I was reading reviews and thought this place would be a good place to get a reasonably priced good meal. I was right. The atmosphere is good, kind of a back alley type of place, but don't let it scare you because on the inside it is nicely decorated and clean. I had a chimi and it was fantastic. The chips and salsa were great as well. Our tab was $40 for both and my wife and I both loved it. I would definitely recommend this place for a reasonably priced meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Medina, OH
“Great hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

My family & I dined at Mazatlan Grill during a one night stayover in South Lake Tahoe and we found the quality of dishes that we ordered to be outstanding. The service was adequate and the staff friendly & accomodating.
The tortilla soup was well-seasoned and contained generous quantities of cheese, chicken, avocado slices and tortilla strips. The enchilidas and tacos were very tasty and the shredded beef filling was a family favorite. The fried ice cream and flan are highly recommended if you're not too full & have room for dessert.
PS N Lion

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Lake Tahoe, CA
“Best Mexican in Tahoe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

This is the best Mexican Restaurant in Tahoe. When you first walk in, it looks like a small hole in the wall. But walk all the way in and you discover it opens up in to this beautiful authentic restaurant. The menu is huge and everything on it is amazing. The guys always get #29 a steak wrapped in bacon, stuffed with shrimp, and deep fried. The fajitas and enchiladas are both to die for. And their salsa is the best. It's never very crowded so the service is always great. The only downfall is they're only open for dinner.