For the price (approx $90), this was an excellent deal for our spur of the moment vacation in Tahoe City. We originally planned to stay 2 nights, but ended up staying 4 nights, Monday through Thursday. Our room was on the second floor with a nice view of the Golf Course (a source of entertainment early each morning). There is a common balcony through a back door in the room. The room and bathroom were much smaller then newer chain hotels but we quickly adjusted. The architecture is from the sixties so it was nicely quaint. Our room was very clean and fresh every day. The location cannot be beat, across the street from Common's beach. There is a small breakfast provided (coffee, Juice, plastic wrapped danish), just what you would expect for the price, however, the coffee was excellent. Only small cups are provided, so bring your personal mug to get the required jolt in the mornings. There is an outdoor pool, again it is small in accordance with the architecture, and I believe there is a spa (jacuzzi) over the office area (we did not use). You cannot beat the location and the cleanliness of this motel.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn-Tahoe City/Lake Tahoe Hotel Tahoe City
- Americas Best Value Inn-Tahoe City/Lake Tahoe Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have been AAA rated for over 34 years,FEMA-Approved and the only hotel on North Lake Tahoe having individual heating/Air conditioning units-Activity-Centered between the lake and Golf Course,across street from COMMONS BEACH PLAYGROUND, Amphitheatre and picnic/barbecue facilities & easy walking distance to shopping malls, boat marina and museum. Only 15 minutes from Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows and Homewood Ski Areas-Ski shuttles are available. We have a seasonal outdoor heated pool and a year-round LAKEVIEW HOT TUB. Enjoy our Premium Beautyrest pillow-top beds, FREE wireless Internet, local calls, inroom coffee/tea makers,continental breakfast, Cable TV/HBO, irons/ironing boards and FREE Parking, large enough for trucks & motor homes ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Vantage Hospitality, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn-Tahoe City/Lake Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.