I grew up in Tahoe (South Shore) and had always heard about the historic Granlibakken Resort. My husband and I, who now live in the Bay Area, wanted to get away for a few days and I thought it might be cool to stay here. What I didn't count on is that this resort has done very little to put money (that it must have because it charges so much) back into the resort to update it and make it a comfortable place for its guests to stay. We were freezing as the place is very poorly insulated with only electric baseboard heating, the mattress was lumpy and thin, the TV and DVD player didn't work properly, the food was only adequate, and the staff was not at all enthusiastic in regards to customer service!
I love the North Shore of Lake Tahoe, but I will definitely look for somewhere else to stay the next time we visit! Very poor value for the money we paid to stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Granlibakken's Tahoe's 74 acre, secluded valley is your very own cozy, alpine getaway. Perfect year-round for groups, weddings and families to connect in an Old Tahoe ambiance. Onsite activities include a treetop adventure park, historic ski & snowboard hill, groomed sled hill, hiking & biking trails, tennis courts and a year-round heated pool and a spa to relax in after all the fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Granlibakken Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Granlibakken Hotel Tahoe City
- Granlibakken Resort Tahoe City