It's hard to have a bad experience in Lake Tahoe, and my stay at the Granlibakken was no exception. It was far enough from Tahoe City to feel unoppressed, but close enough to walk. The accomodations were good mountain lodge quality, not luxury hotel. The food was exceptional and the service, except for 1 individual, was fast and accomodating.My only caution it is a steep property, so be aware you will be climbing hills between buildings (although it has a beautiful par course around the property which I did use and an awe-inspiring high adventure course that I did not.). I look coward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors and locals alike are drawn to Lake Tahoe's natural beauty, world-class entertainment and year-round activities. Granlibakken, nestled in the trees above Lake Tahoe and steps from Tahoe City, the heart and soul of Lake Tahoe, is the ideal spot for your next retreat, conference, vacation or special event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Granlibakken Lodge and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Granlibakken Hotel Tahoe City
- Granlibakken Resort Tahoe City