“Small and homey” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mother Nature's Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tahoe City
Mother Nature's Inn
551 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA 96145   |
Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Tahoe City
New York City, New York
“Small and homey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We were here during the off season so had no trouble booking the day-of-arrival for 2 nights (Friday and Saturday). It is in the perfect location to walk everywhere in Tahoe City, the west side of the Lake. We checked in at the Mother's Nature Store and were greeted by a very friendly lady. The store closes at 5, but just call the phone number (530-581-4278 or 800-558-4278) and the innkeeper will come check you in if you arrive later. They have only 8 rooms but the rooms are decorated with a log cabin feel and are very homey and comfortable. There is a coffee maker in the room and a microwave in the hallway. The room had a coatrack, desk, phone, plenty of shelves, was spacious, a great bed, was quiet, and had free, fast wifi. It is across the street from the lake. We would definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way from the Midwest to the West Coast. We loved being able to walk across the street and sit in the park, enjoying the view of Lake Tahoe, and taking a walk on the trail just below that park. We had a great dinner at Hacienda, overlooking the lake, and a lovely breakfast at Syd's Bagelry, just across the street. The room itself was cute and quite comfortable. One downside was that we had a very hard time controlling the heat; we turned it on, it got uncomfortably warm, we turned it way down, and it stayed uncomfortably warm. Also there was no ice whatsoever in the cabinet where the ice was supposed to be. The place was clean and the proprietor was pleasant and helpful. Since the inn is behind a home decor store on the road directly across from the lake, one cannot see the lake from the rooms. Also it is important to note that there is no elevator; this didn't cause us a problem but it might be important to others. The price was excellent for the location. We were glad we stayed!

Room Tip: If carrying your bags up a flight of stairs is a problem for you, make sure to ask for a room on the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is clean and comfortable and really loved by the owners. The only issue is the paper thin walls. It's an old quaint place where the thin walls will always be the same. If you are lucky like we were it will be annoying at most. The owners take really good care of this place and even the pet rooms have special features just for the pets. One of the two of us won't go back; I would give it another try.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
Crazy close to everything.
Amazingly wonderful warm and accommodating staff from check-in to check-out.
Well priced even on the weekends.
Comfy beds.
Mini fridge, coffee maker hair dryer, iron supplied.
Cozy and quaint decor.
Pet friendly.

Cons:
Walls are a little on the thin side.

I didnt want to even mention the small detail, but worth mentioning if this is a trip you will be bringing a small child or pet. It was not disruptive by any means noticeable. Loved loved looooovvvved it and will be staying again, and hopefully very soon. Traveled with my boyfriend, stayed the weekend. We wanted to add another day.

Go say "hi" to Carolyn at Fat Cats Bar & Grill two doors down. Have a shot-ski!!!! :)

Rosie's for bfast next door. Awesome!!

• Stayed April 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The first thing I want to praise about this little hotel is the kindness and availability of the owner, who was able to accommodate our last minute changes not once, but twice, with ease and no penalties.

The place is cozy and warm: our room (#10) had a lovely mountain-style decor and was spotless. The room also had a little whiteboard where we found a personal welcoming note, which was a nice touch. WiFi was available and working. It is located just in front of the lake--but one can't see the lake from the windows.

The hotel does not offer breakfast, but there is a good place just next door (and you can get a weak yet working hotel's wifi signal just in case!), but no discount for hotel guests :(

Room Tip: Room 10 is at the end of the corridor, so you won't have many other guests walking in front of y...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I scheduled my trip to Tahoe the day before I left, literally. As I was going for 9 days no place had an opening for all nine days, except here. When I called to make the reservation they wanted payment up front. Another red flag. It was reasonably priced, third red flag. I made the reservation and paid up front regardless of what my intuition told me.

I'm glad I did.

This place is great. It's not brand new (nothing in the Tahoe area is tho) but its super comfortable, well cared for, clean and the bed! I had a king and it was a dream to sleep on. Also they decorate all the rooms with all the little knick-knacks they sell. It's a little thing but it makes it super homey. Heck they even folded the clothes I left out! Staying here is like staying in that spare bedroom mom and dad have above the garage. It's homey, it's comfortable and the people are nice.

Finally I came here to ski but the weather has climbed into the 50's. They graciously refunded the last two nights so I can go to Yosemite. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and most probably will.

• Stayed February 2013
Novato, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nice smaller hotel, with quaint decor. Very centrally located, easy walk to either end of town. Clean and well-maintained. Across the road from the lake, backs up to golf course (summer) or snow play (winter). Friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mother Nature's Inn? Share your experiences!