“Great place,except for....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mother Nature's Inn

Mother Nature's Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tahoe City
Mother Nature's Inn
Save Saved
You added Mother Nature's Inn to your Saves list
551 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA 96145   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tahoe City
sarasota
“Great place,except for....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is clean and comfortable and really loved by the owners. The only issue is the paper thin walls. It's an old quaint place where the thin walls will always be the same. If you are lucky like we were it will be annoying at most. The owners take really good care of this place and even the pet rooms have special features just for the pets. One of the two of us won't go back; I would give it another try.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
Crazy close to everything.
Amazingly wonderful warm and accommodating staff from check-in to check-out.
Well priced even on the weekends.
Comfy beds.
Mini fridge, coffee maker hair dryer, iron supplied.
Cozy and quaint decor.
Pet friendly.

Cons:
Walls are a little on the thin side.

I didnt want to even mention the small detail, but worth mentioning if this is a trip you will be bringing a small child or pet. It was not disruptive by any means noticeable. Loved loved looooovvvved it and will be staying again, and hopefully very soon. Traveled with my boyfriend, stayed the weekend. We wanted to add another day.

Go say "hi" to Carolyn at Fat Cats Bar & Grill two doors down. Have a shot-ski!!!! :)

Rosie's for bfast next door. Awesome!!

• Stayed April 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The first thing I want to praise about this little hotel is the kindness and availability of the owner, who was able to accommodate our last minute changes not once, but twice, with ease and no penalties.

The place is cozy and warm: our room (#10) had a lovely mountain-style decor and was spotless. The room also had a little whiteboard where we found a personal welcoming note, which was a nice touch. WiFi was available and working. It is located just in front of the lake--but one can't see the lake from the windows.

The hotel does not offer breakfast, but there is a good place just next door (and you can get a weak yet working hotel's wifi signal just in case!), but no discount for hotel guests :(

Room Tip: Room 10 is at the end of the corridor, so you won't have many other guests walking in front of y...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I scheduled my trip to Tahoe the day before I left, literally. As I was going for 9 days no place had an opening for all nine days, except here. When I called to make the reservation they wanted payment up front. Another red flag. It was reasonably priced, third red flag. I made the reservation and paid up front regardless of what my intuition told me.

I'm glad I did.

This place is great. It's not brand new (nothing in the Tahoe area is tho) but its super comfortable, well cared for, clean and the bed! I had a king and it was a dream to sleep on. Also they decorate all the rooms with all the little knick-knacks they sell. It's a little thing but it makes it super homey. Heck they even folded the clothes I left out! Staying here is like staying in that spare bedroom mom and dad have above the garage. It's homey, it's comfortable and the people are nice.

Finally I came here to ski but the weather has climbed into the 50's. They graciously refunded the last two nights so I can go to Yosemite. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and most probably will.

• Stayed February 2013
Novato, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nice smaller hotel, with quaint decor. Very centrally located, easy walk to either end of town. Clean and well-maintained. Across the road from the lake, backs up to golf course (summer) or snow play (winter). Friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised by how clean and homey our room felt. It was decorated with rustic Tahoe furniture I've only ever found in more expensive rental properties. It's location couldn't be more perfect. We never even had to use our car, everything you need is in walking distance. The staff was very friendly, obliging to our needs, but also mindful of our privacy. We found out later that the first floor provides pet friendly accommodations. Next time we are bringing our dog along! Yay! So happy to have found this quaint little gem.

Room Tip: 4 rooms are pet accommodating!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We made our reservation over the phone some 4 mths prior to our stay at Mother Nature's Inn for 2 nts in Oct 2012 (I wasn't able to secure the booking online) and i wondered if we would arrive to find any issues with our booking - answer, not a problem, in fact we arrived to a very warm friendly welcome, you check in at the desk inside the shop which is at the front of the hotel and which sells lots of lovely pieces for the home from pictures of bears and Lake Tahoe, beds, bedding, tableware, etc all of such items are also used in the decoration of the room we were staying in (for instance if you like the bedding it is possible to buy something similar in the shop ) - the bed was made from thick solid rustic wood and I just loved it - they sold these in the shop too !!

The bathroom was clean and tidy absolutely no complaints there and the shower was good

Next door to the hotel is a place called Rosie's and you can go there for breakfast we thought it was nice in there the waitress always checked we were ok and kept our mugs topped up with coffee

Lake Tahoe is just across the road from Mother Nature's Inn and there are trails you can immediately take a walk from

We hired some bikes during our stay they were $10 an hour

All in all had a very enjoyable stay helped enormously by staying at such a nice hotel - highly recommend this place

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Mother Nature's Inn? Share your experiences!