“Warm little hotel and very helpful manager” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mother Nature's Inn

Mother Nature's Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tahoe City
Mother Nature's Inn
551 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA 96145   |
Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Tahoe City
San Francisco, California
“Warm little hotel and very helpful manager”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The first thing I want to praise about this little hotel is the kindness and availability of the owner, who was able to accommodate our last minute changes not once, but twice, with ease and no penalties.

The place is cozy and warm: our room (#10) had a lovely mountain-style decor and was spotless. The room also had a little whiteboard where we found a personal welcoming note, which was a nice touch. WiFi was available and working. It is located just in front of the lake--but one can't see the lake from the windows.

The hotel does not offer breakfast, but there is a good place just next door (and you can get a weak yet working hotel's wifi signal just in case!), but no discount for hotel guests :(

Room Tip: Room 10 is at the end of the corridor, so you won't have many other guests walking in front of y...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I scheduled my trip to Tahoe the day before I left, literally. As I was going for 9 days no place had an opening for all nine days, except here. When I called to make the reservation they wanted payment up front. Another red flag. It was reasonably priced, third red flag. I made the reservation and paid up front regardless of what my intuition told me.

I'm glad I did.

This place is great. It's not brand new (nothing in the Tahoe area is tho) but its super comfortable, well cared for, clean and the bed! I had a king and it was a dream to sleep on. Also they decorate all the rooms with all the little knick-knacks they sell. It's a little thing but it makes it super homey. Heck they even folded the clothes I left out! Staying here is like staying in that spare bedroom mom and dad have above the garage. It's homey, it's comfortable and the people are nice.

Finally I came here to ski but the weather has climbed into the 50's. They graciously refunded the last two nights so I can go to Yosemite. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and most probably will.

• Stayed February 2013
Novato, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nice smaller hotel, with quaint decor. Very centrally located, easy walk to either end of town. Clean and well-maintained. Across the road from the lake, backs up to golf course (summer) or snow play (winter). Friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised by how clean and homey our room felt. It was decorated with rustic Tahoe furniture I've only ever found in more expensive rental properties. It's location couldn't be more perfect. We never even had to use our car, everything you need is in walking distance. The staff was very friendly, obliging to our needs, but also mindful of our privacy. We found out later that the first floor provides pet friendly accommodations. Next time we are bringing our dog along! Yay! So happy to have found this quaint little gem.

Room Tip: 4 rooms are pet accommodating!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We made our reservation over the phone some 4 mths prior to our stay at Mother Nature's Inn for 2 nts in Oct 2012 (I wasn't able to secure the booking online) and i wondered if we would arrive to find any issues with our booking - answer, not a problem, in fact we arrived to a very warm friendly welcome, you check in at the desk inside the shop which is at the front of the hotel and which sells lots of lovely pieces for the home from pictures of bears and Lake Tahoe, beds, bedding, tableware, etc all of such items are also used in the decoration of the room we were staying in (for instance if you like the bedding it is possible to buy something similar in the shop ) - the bed was made from thick solid rustic wood and I just loved it - they sold these in the shop too !!

The bathroom was clean and tidy absolutely no complaints there and the shower was good

Next door to the hotel is a place called Rosie's and you can go there for breakfast we thought it was nice in there the waitress always checked we were ok and kept our mugs topped up with coffee

Lake Tahoe is just across the road from Mother Nature's Inn and there are trails you can immediately take a walk from

We hired some bikes during our stay they were $10 an hour

All in all had a very enjoyable stay helped enormously by staying at such a nice hotel - highly recommend this place

• Stayed October 2012
sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Mother Nature's Inn this last February for a weekend ski trip and loved it! It is a small, quiet, 8 room motel that backs up to the Tahoe City golf course. Located across the street from the beach and in the middle of Tahoe City, the location doesn't get much better. You can walk to all the shops, restaurants, and bars that Tahoe City has to offer. The motel is a 10 to 15 min drive to Alpine Meadows and Squaw Valley ski areas. The room we stayed in had a very comfy mattress and the room was decorated in a darling cabin decor that is all available at the attached retail store. While we were there for the weekend there was a snow storm that had come in and the next day when we wanted to to get up and go skiing we were surprised to see someone was already up before us digging out the walk ways and our car. I would recommend Mother Nature's Inn to anyone looking for an affordable and centrally located place to stay in Tahoe City.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My fiance and I recently traveled to Tahoe City for a weekend getaway and chose to stay here because the price was right and the location was perfect! Nestled right in the middle of the main strip, we were across the street from the lake and just a few steps from bars, restaurants and shopping. Everything was clean and nothing smelled musty (like it often can in places that aren't brand new). The staff of the Inn and the store that it's connected to are all FABULOUS and made us feel right at home. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mother Nature's Inn? Share your experiences!