“Quaint and quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mother Nature's Inn

Mother Nature's Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tahoe City
Mother Nature's Inn
551 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA 96145   |
Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Tahoe City
Novato, California
“Quaint and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nice smaller hotel, with quaint decor. Very centrally located, easy walk to either end of town. Clean and well-maintained. Across the road from the lake, backs up to golf course (summer) or snow play (winter). Friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised by how clean and homey our room felt. It was decorated with rustic Tahoe furniture I've only ever found in more expensive rental properties. It's location couldn't be more perfect. We never even had to use our car, everything you need is in walking distance. The staff was very friendly, obliging to our needs, but also mindful of our privacy. We found out later that the first floor provides pet friendly accommodations. Next time we are bringing our dog along! Yay! So happy to have found this quaint little gem.

Room Tip: 4 rooms are pet accommodating!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We made our reservation over the phone some 4 mths prior to our stay at Mother Nature's Inn for 2 nts in Oct 2012 (I wasn't able to secure the booking online) and i wondered if we would arrive to find any issues with our booking - answer, not a problem, in fact we arrived to a very warm friendly welcome, you check in at the desk inside the shop which is at the front of the hotel and which sells lots of lovely pieces for the home from pictures of bears and Lake Tahoe, beds, bedding, tableware, etc all of such items are also used in the decoration of the room we were staying in (for instance if you like the bedding it is possible to buy something similar in the shop ) - the bed was made from thick solid rustic wood and I just loved it - they sold these in the shop too !!

The bathroom was clean and tidy absolutely no complaints there and the shower was good

Next door to the hotel is a place called Rosie's and you can go there for breakfast we thought it was nice in there the waitress always checked we were ok and kept our mugs topped up with coffee

Lake Tahoe is just across the road from Mother Nature's Inn and there are trails you can immediately take a walk from

We hired some bikes during our stay they were $10 an hour

All in all had a very enjoyable stay helped enormously by staying at such a nice hotel - highly recommend this place

• Stayed October 2012
sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Mother Nature's Inn this last February for a weekend ski trip and loved it! It is a small, quiet, 8 room motel that backs up to the Tahoe City golf course. Located across the street from the beach and in the middle of Tahoe City, the location doesn't get much better. You can walk to all the shops, restaurants, and bars that Tahoe City has to offer. The motel is a 10 to 15 min drive to Alpine Meadows and Squaw Valley ski areas. The room we stayed in had a very comfy mattress and the room was decorated in a darling cabin decor that is all available at the attached retail store. While we were there for the weekend there was a snow storm that had come in and the next day when we wanted to to get up and go skiing we were surprised to see someone was already up before us digging out the walk ways and our car. I would recommend Mother Nature's Inn to anyone looking for an affordable and centrally located place to stay in Tahoe City.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My fiance and I recently traveled to Tahoe City for a weekend getaway and chose to stay here because the price was right and the location was perfect! Nestled right in the middle of the main strip, we were across the street from the lake and just a few steps from bars, restaurants and shopping. Everything was clean and nothing smelled musty (like it often can in places that aren't brand new). The staff of the Inn and the store that it's connected to are all FABULOUS and made us feel right at home. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Roseville, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this motel. It is one of the nicest in Tahoe City for the price and location. The rooms are very nice and decorated in a "Cabin Style". This time I stayed in the Bear room. My wife said it was one of the cutest rooms she's ever seen. The Innkeeper was extremely kind and made us feel very welcome. We didn't have any problem with the internet as someone else had mentioned. Being located behind the Cabin Fever store ( great place to shop) keeps the road noise away. it was very quite and peaceful looking out at the golf course. I would recommend this place to anyone. It is not a 5 star hotel, but it doesn't pretend to be. It is cozy, quite and in perfect walking distance to everythig.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My husband and I and our dogs recently stayed at the Mother Nature Inn. The rooms are fine for the price, but be warned that room # 5 has an adjoining door to the room next door, so you can hear EVERYTHING that is above a whisper. We chose this hotel because we could have our dogs there. I was surprised that their pet policy has rules that you do not get to see until you have already paid for and checked into the room. Pets are only allowed in the room when you are, and if you go out (even just next door) for dinner you are to put your dog in your car. Also they state that if your dog is disruptive to other guests that you will be paying for their night's stay in addition to your own. Hmmm I wonder the couple with the crying baby that was in the room next to us will graciously pay for our room. To make matters even worse, Mother Nature's Inn took the liberty to charge a $40 fee to my credit card after our stay for a cleaning fee. I was never advised that this was going to be charged to my card, they just sent me a receipt in the mail. Even though I never authorized this charge. They should have contacted me before using my credit card. Pet owners be aware of the entire policy before your stay. This is not anywhere on their website. Proximity to the lake is good, and just a few minutes from Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows. The heater in the room is either way to hot, or too cold. I could never get it to just a comfortable temp. We brought our own WiFi card thankfully, cause we could never get the wireless signal for the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mother Nature's Inn? Share your experiences!