“5 star reveiw at a 2 star price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mother Nature's Inn

Mother Nature's Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tahoe City
Mother Nature's Inn
Save Saved
You added Mother Nature's Inn to your Saves list
551 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA 96145   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tahoe City
sacramento, California, United States
“5 star reveiw at a 2 star price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Mother Nature's Inn this last February for a weekend ski trip and loved it! It is a small, quiet, 8 room motel that backs up to the Tahoe City golf course. Located across the street from the beach and in the middle of Tahoe City, the location doesn't get much better. You can walk to all the shops, restaurants, and bars that Tahoe City has to offer. The motel is a 10 to 15 min drive to Alpine Meadows and Squaw Valley ski areas. The room we stayed in had a very comfy mattress and the room was decorated in a darling cabin decor that is all available at the attached retail store. While we were there for the weekend there was a snow storm that had come in and the next day when we wanted to to get up and go skiing we were surprised to see someone was already up before us digging out the walk ways and our car. I would recommend Mother Nature's Inn to anyone looking for an affordable and centrally located place to stay in Tahoe City.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My fiance and I recently traveled to Tahoe City for a weekend getaway and chose to stay here because the price was right and the location was perfect! Nestled right in the middle of the main strip, we were across the street from the lake and just a few steps from bars, restaurants and shopping. Everything was clean and nothing smelled musty (like it often can in places that aren't brand new). The staff of the Inn and the store that it's connected to are all FABULOUS and made us feel right at home. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Roseville, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this motel. It is one of the nicest in Tahoe City for the price and location. The rooms are very nice and decorated in a "Cabin Style". This time I stayed in the Bear room. My wife said it was one of the cutest rooms she's ever seen. The Innkeeper was extremely kind and made us feel very welcome. We didn't have any problem with the internet as someone else had mentioned. Being located behind the Cabin Fever store ( great place to shop) keeps the road noise away. it was very quite and peaceful looking out at the golf course. I would recommend this place to anyone. It is not a 5 star hotel, but it doesn't pretend to be. It is cozy, quite and in perfect walking distance to everythig.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My husband and I and our dogs recently stayed at the Mother Nature Inn. The rooms are fine for the price, but be warned that room # 5 has an adjoining door to the room next door, so you can hear EVERYTHING that is above a whisper. We chose this hotel because we could have our dogs there. I was surprised that their pet policy has rules that you do not get to see until you have already paid for and checked into the room. Pets are only allowed in the room when you are, and if you go out (even just next door) for dinner you are to put your dog in your car. Also they state that if your dog is disruptive to other guests that you will be paying for their night's stay in addition to your own. Hmmm I wonder the couple with the crying baby that was in the room next to us will graciously pay for our room. To make matters even worse, Mother Nature's Inn took the liberty to charge a $40 fee to my credit card after our stay for a cleaning fee. I was never advised that this was going to be charged to my card, they just sent me a receipt in the mail. Even though I never authorized this charge. They should have contacted me before using my credit card. Pet owners be aware of the entire policy before your stay. This is not anywhere on their website. Proximity to the lake is good, and just a few minutes from Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows. The heater in the room is either way to hot, or too cold. I could never get it to just a comfortable temp. We brought our own WiFi card thankfully, cause we could never get the wireless signal for the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

This place is in a great location (walkable to so much) and is cheap for a clean, nice sized room. However, there is no inn keeper at the Mother Nature Inn. It's more like a set of rooms behind a store and you are much on your own.

We arrived around 9 pm and had been given the wrong room (a single bed instead of two double beds). When I knocked at the door of the onsite manager (who lives there), the greeting made me feel like I was disturbing someone at their house. That feeling continued when the door was only slightly cracked open to talk to me. During the day, the staff in the store (which is part of the inn) was too busy with retail customers to really stop and talk to me when I came through.

The other big issue (made more difficult because of the above) was that there was no internet for rooms 3, 4, 5, 9, and 10 (when I made the reservation, I was told twice that internet was available in all the rooms). No one on site new what a wireless router was or where to find the password to the network that covered the rooms on the far end of the inn. At one point we were instructed that "this is the mountains and we don't always have internet." That may be true, but it had nothing to do with not having the password to your own network. We were told that we could sit in the unheated hallway during the night to use the internet (the router must have been in the store, which is on the other end of the inn). We were also told that maybe we shouldn't be doing work while on vacation. Thanks, that's nice, but I like to read the paper, check on my kids, make dinner reservations, and post trip pictures while I'm on vacation.

So, in summary, this is a fine, clean place to stay, but don't count on internet access and be okay feeling like there is no host to greet you.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Nicely positioned clean hotel with good amenities in room. Room was very clean and bed was comfortable. Our stay would have been more enjoyable except for the morons above us who proceeded to drag furniture around at all hours. Can't blame the management for that though. All in all a though good place to stay. Pet friendly

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at Mother Nature's Inn with my husband. We were here last December as well (snow, and more snow then). We have found the rooms, beds, ammenities, location and overall experience very nice. This Inn by far has the cutest rooms around, all with refrigerators and coffee makers, it's really hard to beat. It is not a 5 star hotel, but we didn't pay that 5 star price or expect it to be one. It was extremely clean and well cared for. I love the fact that you really never need to get into your car once you're there. You can walk across the street to the beach and anywhere else you may want to go, We love this little place, and hope it will remain as quaint, quiet and charming as it is now. We can't wait to for our next visit.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Mother Nature's Inn? Share your experiences!