“Beware” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mother Nature's Inn

Mother Nature's Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tahoe City
Mother Nature's Inn
551 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA 96145   |
Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Tahoe City
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Positives: Quaint decor.
Negatives: The upkeep
is poor. The bathroom had a broken glass shower door on which I cut my foot. The charming decor has a thick build up of dust..There is also a noisy arcade right next door. This not only created noise all night, but also flashing lights that beamed into my room. There is also a baseball diamond behind the inn where youth groups played games well into the evening. To add insult to injury, the supposed 'manager' kept forgetting that I was a guest and interrogated me every time she saw me on the premises.

I don't usually write reviews, but I think you should know what your getting into by staying here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Had a great stay at Mother Nature's Inn. Quaint rooms in a great location in the heart of Tahoe City. You can walk to everything in town. Staff is very nice too.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

A very decently priced, beautifully located, friendly and clean hotel! I will definitely be back and would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

This is a nice little place-simple, clean, and a good value for the money. The rooms are decorated to look like cabins, with nicely placed decorations and a comfortable bed. The rooms are off the main road so it is pretty quiet. I am having to work in the room all day while I am here. This place is nice because there is a narrow enclosed hallway in front of all the rooms on the bottom floor. They have put chairs and tables for people to sit and enjoy the sun (it just pours into this little space). I am able to leave the door of the room open and my dog is able to lounge around and catch some winter rays.
P.S. They also leave a doggie basket with treats-nice touch.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
san francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

I chose this hotel because it was near a rafting trip my friends and I were taking. However, it is also near the local golf course and my car that had no dings now has several serious dings from being hit while parked in the hotel lot. When I called the hotel about this, one workers said "oh yes, this happens" and please call the owner tomorrow. When I spoke with the owner she told me I was the only person this had ever happened to and perhaps it was from a car door. She has hard pressed to explain the perfectly round ding in the roof of my car. When I asked her to pay the deductible she told me that she would think about it and call back. She never did. Whatever you may save staying at this hotel, it is not worth the repair of the damage to your car.

I wanted to give no stars, but the form doesn't allow that.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

This is a simple motel extension to a quirky gift / furnture store on N Lake Blvd but the owners have filled each room with lots of character and made them very comfortable and charming. It is in a great location and is very good value for money.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

If you are in Tahoe City you really need to stop by the Cabin Fever store, very cute inside with lots to look at .And they are also part of Mother Nature's Inn. Which is tucked away behind the store its self. The inn has about 8- 10 rooms. They have a cozy cabin decor that you wont find in most other places. It's like your staying at your friends place in Tahoe. Nice size rooms with large comfortable beds. The location is good and you are right next door to Rosie's and a liqueur store for late night supplies. The only thing that doesn't give this place a 5 star, the thin walls. So thin, we could hear our neighbor snoring through the night. Even with that being said we would go back. They also allow dogs and have in the room treats/bedding for them. :)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Mother Nature's Inn? Share your experiences!