“Great food in the heart of Tahoe City” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Tahoe City
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great food in the heart of Tahoe City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We heard from the locals that this is a must-do, and they are right. We made reservations (highly recommended) for our party of 24 and were promptly seated with a great view of the Truckee River. The wait staff were attentive and well-informed and our food was served very quickly for a group of this size. The rib eye steak was delicious and the same can be said for several of the fish entrees. The ahi tuna is a must, and the scalloped potatoes are to die for! Get a side order if they don't come with your meal (we did) but get them! There is a decent wine list and the prices were in line with our expectations. All in all a pleasant dining experience.

Visited July 2013

“Lovely food in a great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Nice restaurant, with good food and superb view of the Lake. Nice live music being played in the background. Make a reservation though.

Visited July 2013
Roma, Italia
“Dinner in beautiful location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We went in this restaurant and we ordered the halibut and the brased ribs. Simply great! Furthermore, in a great location near a river and a great value!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Disappointing. Will not return.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I am surprised at all the good reviews for this restaurant. We did not find it lived up to the reviews. We were seated outside but didn't see the river at all. My daughter had the pork rib which she didnt like at all. My husband had the pork chop with mashed sweet potatoes and he said it was awful. All the food was too sweet. I ordered a simple garden salad and a tomatoe mozzarella salad which were both very sweet. I struggled to eat the very small garden salad due to lack of freshness and too sweet dressing. The service was poor too. On ordering, my daughter asked if it was possible to get chips with the pork rib instead of potatoe gratin. The waiter basically said no but he would ask. He said when they were busy the kitchen couldn't do things like that. I suppose we were lucky that it was Monday night and it was less than half full. I question the operation of a kitchen that can't make a simple change like that. They did make the change but poured the sweet gravy all over the chips so she didn't eat them anyway. She ended up sharing her brothers meal. The waiter was running around like a chicken without a head although the restaurant was not busy. He would run past asking if everything was ok, whilst holding dishes being delivered to other tables and not waiting to hear a reply. We actually needed more drinks, so on the way back from delivering said dishes we were trying to get his attention but he was rushing and not looking. The guy bussing the table was helpful in getting the orders through - but I does he get part of the tip? The waiter never heard or knew about our experience as the half eaten plates were removed by other staff as he was too busy with his headless chicken impression. The live singing was amazing so we forgot the terrible meal and went to sit and listen to him up close. I would suggest to go for happy hour (the waiter told us it was from 5pm-6pm but I'm sure I saw a sign saying 6.30pm) where they serve drinks, and some food I believe, at discounted prices, and enjoy the music. That's what a number if locals were doing and I think they have the right idea.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Albany, New York
“Great restaurant on the Truckee River.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had a great rack of lamb dinner at River Grill recently. Others in our party had grilled fish and bison. Everyone enjoyed their meal very much and we would all go back. Our table right on the river made our evening even more enjoyable.

Visited June 2013