“The staff needs more safety training” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 20 attractions in Tahoe City
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Tahoe Treetop Adventure Park is the first aerial adventure park in California and only one in the Tahoe basin. Consisting of 70 tree platforms, 50+ bridges, and 15 zip lines, Tahoe Treetop has courses for adults, kids 5+, and team building groups. Hours of unforgettable, super-fun activity for the whole family!
Boulder, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
“The staff needs more safety training”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My 12 y.o. son and I did this during our Lake Tahoe vacations. Everything went well till the last minutes of our time, when my son (who is very good at this, by the way) got stuck on a zip line. We called for help, and a staff member came and started towing him to the platform using a special rope. She was running fast with this rope and didn't even look in his direction. As a result, he was turned around, didn't see where he was going and slammed his legs into the hard wooden landing platform. Fortunately, he got only bruises and scratches, but this was very painful and hurt for a few days, seriously spoiling our vacation. They didn't even have an ice pack or first-aid kit. I'd really expect this kind of outfit to have a first-aid kit and basically pay more attention to safety. The edge of this platform could have soft wrapping also, for that matter, for people who are less experienced with zip lines.

If not for this accident, it would have been a five-star experience, because the ropes course is designed very well, wasn't crowded and is normally just a very fun thing to do.

Visited July 2013
Jesse D, Owner at Tahoe City Treetop Adventure Park, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hi,

I'm very sorry this happened to your son, the staff should have been watching to make sure he was facing forward. There was some sort of miscommunication regarding the first-aid kit. We absolutely have a first-aid kit including instant ice packs. We used to have padding on the platform edges but have built angled landing ramps this year eliminating the need for the padding. However, it would appear to have helped in this case. Thanks for the feedback, it helps us improve.

“Perfect for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Our 12, 10 and 7 year old boy, girl, boy loved it. They all did the Monkey course for adults including the hardest black diamond course instead of the smaller Squirrel course. Our 7 year old was barely tall enough.

Our kids have no fear of hights and attacked it with abandon. However, their less athletic cousins who joined them enjoyed it but one of them had a little trouble with the heights.

They have a great linking system primarily used in Europe that keeps the kids attached to the course without a fear of them unlinking and falling off. They also have a great combination of obstacles and zip lines that the kids loved.

19 attraction reviews
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We came upon this Adventure park by accident, but I am so glad we did. I pre-booked the monkey course for my daughter's birthday. It was fabulous. We arrived 10 minutes before our time and were greeted by super friendly and efficient staff. The kids need to be able to reach 5'6" to do the monkey course, but the squirrel run looks just as much fun, just a little easier. We spent 2.5 hours there and not a minute to rest. Well organised, very safe and a great day out.

Orangevale, California
3 attraction reviews
“I Did It!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Saw it online when on vacation and went to check it out on a Tues....Found out you need reservations. But they had a cancellation for 1 so I went for it.
First off I'm not someone who exercises much but I'm in shape. I have lupus so I take it easy for the most part. But I was so excited when i saw this I really wanted to do it and I was having a good week. I did the blue course...It was challenging both physical and mentally I just took it slow and never felt unsafe knowing I had harness on.By the end of 'Fuzzy Bunny' I was confident and worn out LOL. I did lower part of 'Twins' did it it less than 5 mins. I stop at that feeling awesome that I Did IT!!! If you can you should go do it.....I will be back with friends!
My husband was on the ground coaching me the whole time, it really helped. Watching little kids doing it made me realize it's safe and not as hard as one might think. Rely on your harness not your limbs gets you thru faster. They do need a bathroom closer to course though.
had to use the one for lodge a 5 min walk ,uphill back uuuggg. That wore me out!

San Luis Obispo, California
“Rugged Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was an exhilirating experience. Reading reviews, I knew it would be challenging, but exciting, I wasn't disappointed. My two teenage sons and I did the morning challenge and had a blast. The 2 1/1 hours is about right, as it is physically challenging. Very safe if you follow directions and you have the option to bail out on some of the more challenging elements. I would definetly consider it a highlight of our trip and for the money, fairly inexpensive. Go to the bathroom before you get there.