“Awesome Family Adventure” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The Tahoe Treetop Adventure Park is the first aerial adventure park in California and only one in the Tahoe basin. Consisting of 70 tree platforms, 50+ bridges, and 15 zip lines, Tahoe Treetop has courses for adults, kids 5+, and team building groups. Hours of unforgettable, super-fun activity for the whole family!
Chula Vista, California
6 attraction reviews
“Awesome Family Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a great way to spend a few hours with our 20 year old and 14 year old sons. The boys managed all 5 courses ( mom & dad finished three!). They were challenging and fun. You need to be pretty flexible and fit! The guides were helpful, then let you do your own thing. Loved it! We will definitely do this again.

Visited March 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
9 attraction reviews
“Fun thing to do in a beautiful setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Many different courses for children and adults of all different levels of experience and adventurous-ness. I am terrified of heights and was able to complete the first flying monkey course. It took a while for me to complete the course because of my fear, but I am glad that I did it and I really enjoyed it. I wish I had more time to work up the courage to try the other courses, but I do feel a sense of accomplishment having done what I did. If you do all of the courses, I can see how you might be a little sore the next day (unless you are in tip-top shape). Some of the people leaving before us commented as such. The employees were very friendly, helpful and encouraging. Safety is their primary concern and they were able to offer advice on different ways to tackle each obstacle to make it easier for you. If in the area agian, I would definitely return here.

Visited May 2013
Olympia, Washington
“Imagine my surprise-”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I arrived for my seminar a day early. Behind the Granlibakken Resort, where I was staying, I saw a ropes course up in the trees!! I walked around it - though to myself- sure, I can do this!! and went on their website that night and signed up for the 11AM spot. When I got there and was suiting up with the other adults, there was also a group of 8 year old girls giggling off by a log, also getting suited up, having come here for a birthday party.
"I wonder where they are doing their course..." I though to myself. I had seen the Flying Squirrel course for kids 6 and up on the website, but didn't see it by where we were.
and then....... The guide says he's taking the kids to their course to get them started then will come get us to ours. Imagine my surprise- when the gets got up on the course I had walked the day before!!!!!!!
WHAT HAD I SIGNED UP FOR???????????????
No- I'm okay- I'm game, let's go. So we walked further up the hill to a ropes course higher in the trees. As the guide explained how to use the smart belays, i looked around at the different challenges. They looked pretty straight forward. But this must have been rehearsal grounds for a circus because there is a bicycle up in a tree! How quaint.
3 of us were culled out of the herd and it was suggested we do the Fuzzy Bunny course. No argument there, mate.
What a blast!! And it ended in a zip line.
Having built up our confidence to a level of brave having conquered that fuzzy bunny-- we went on the intermediate course:
30 foot ladder, check
vertical cargo net, check
tilted board, check
bicycle, WHAT???
and yes, it was THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I rode a bicycle between 2 trees, 30 feet in the air.
BAM

Visited April 2013
San Francisco, California
26 attraction reviews
“The adventure that made our day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This adventure made our day!
It's easy to find: turn left to Granlibakken road, then keep left near the pole with small signs, then drive all the way up, by the tennis courts, and between cottages until the road makes a loop. You'll see the parking lot and the ropes there.
They have 2 types of adventure: 3 Squirrel courses for kids and 5 Monkey courses for adults and older kids.
The Monkey courses are rated: 1 easy, 3 intermediate and 1 advanced.
You have 2 hours to go through all 5 of them, and it's real, unless you have younger kid with you who struggles with tasks because of his height and shorter arms.
I would say, if your kids are 4'6, and not an inch taller, they're going to have some difficulties on the intermediate courses, but I think they finally would make it. Based on our experience, 4'6 is a minimum height to complete all intermediate courses, because the arms are too short to grab the ropes sometime.
And the Bike course was the hardest for my kid. Sometimes my son just couldn't reach the next rope and he had to drop the previous one to grab the next. So the adventure was much easier for me than for him.
I'd recommend one life-saving thing. The gloves. We bought thick polyester gloves for gardening and it was the item to die for. The ropes and wires are tough and you'll lock and release your tight carabiners numerous times.
We made everything except the advanced course... completely tired but so excited! The price is cheap for the joy and challenge you get.
Some people had mentioned they didn't provide drinking water, but now they got a big tank, right near the courses where you can refill your bottle.
Staff was very friendly and ready to help. I loved the service from the beginning to the end.
Go for it - no doubts!

Visited May 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
44 attraction reviews
“Playing in the sky!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We did this as a group trip with friends (6 of us age 28 to 35). Website informative and easy to make reservations. Location was fairly easy to find (drive up from South Lake Tahoe takes ~ 1 hour but has great views of the lake).
The courses were definitely challenging, but even those of us with a fear of heights had a great time! Plenty of options on what to do - rated like ski courses with green, blue, and black courses. The biggest thing is learning to trust in your harness. The whole facility felt safe and well maintained. The only 2 recommendations I would make is a little more instruction in the beginning (though it is easy to pick up on what to do while out on the courses) and maybe a low zip-line to start out with to get used to the harness supporting your weight.
Would love to do it again!

Visited April 2013