“OMG what a dive motel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Tahoe City B&B and Inns
Roseville
“OMG what a dive motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

Geez, when you drive in the parking lot
you expect a low price deal of a place.
My gosh the Motel 6 is cheaper than
this small mom & pop motel owned
property. It is way over priced for the rooms
that are stuck in the 80's shape. There
are new TV's and clean microwaves and
small fridges. The beds and bedding
need to be replaced with new and an
updated look for the rooms to be more
for the money they charge for the out
dated rooms. The rooms also face the
parking lot which is not attractive and is
somewhat noisy at all hours.
The only plus is a Starbuck's across the
street which I used every day.
I would not stay here, but down the street
at the Pepper Tree for the money and
better rooms.

Stayed February 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Francisco, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2008

Warning: This place is a run down 1 star motel that charges way too much $$ - avoid if you can. Rooms are dark and dim and look out onto the parking lot. Nothing has been updated. If you have to stay here, set your expectations low.

The free breakfast, well, let's just say there was a nice Starbucks across the street that we found convenient...

Two positives: they did offer free VHS movies, and location within Tahoe City was good. Unfortunately the positives did not make up for the poor quality of the motel - I would not go back.

• Stayed February 2008
Gold Country, CA.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

What this tired, old motel lacks in amenities, it tries to make up for with a decent staff. We booked a 2-bedroom suite but when we checked in they had us in a standard room with 2 beds. The room was tired, the bed had a sag in it. The next room they showed me, the 2 bedroom, was much nicer, but of course it cost more. We paid $330 for 4 people for 2 nights. There was a large bathroom with 2 sinks, large walk in shower (no bath), a flat screen television in each room, dining table, and large closets. The problem was that the commercial garbage area with giant trash compactor, for the mini-mall next door is outside the rooms and contributed a lot of noise until about 2am. The good points are that the staff was nice, they supply free VHS movies to watch in the rooms, the maids did a good job making up the rooms, and the motel is within walking distance of the Commons (public)beach, the restaurants, Fanny Bridge, and much more town stops. A month later we returned to Tahoe City and stayed at America's Best Value Inn and it was much nicer, but cost more. I would return to America's Best again, but probably would not stay at the Tahoe City Inn unless it's was the only option.

• Liked — Close proximity to town, Starbuck's across the street
  • Disliked — Noise from restaurant garbage area outside window till about 2am
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

My wife, children and I stayed at the Tahoe City Inn for a few nights just to get out of the heat in our town. We booked at the tahoe city inn and did not expect for the location to be so perfect. Its a 2 minute walk to the lake and beach and is on the main strip of the city. That's where the amazing restaurants and shopping was. Not to mention all of the summer attractions like river rafting and hiking was a 5 minute drive. The greatest thing to do in Tahoe was the convenient bike riding around the lake.

For the hotel itself. Our room was clean, the service was nice, the price was great, and best of all we got FREE breakfast (including fruits, pastries, drinks, and more). It was a fantastic stay and the Tahoe City Inn was everything our family could ask more.

I will readily return to this hotel for our Tahoe stays!

• Liked — Location and Room Comfort
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lima
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2007

I arrived on december 2006 from Peru and it was a particular motel in Lake Tahoe. Until that time I didn't know thai it would be my Home for a long periode.. Everything was amazing, the rooms were comfortable,the treatment of this people was perfect, I really feel that I was at home and it was difficult to feel like this when you are not in your country. The workers help us a lot giving information. And also the location is perfect! you have a supermarket, a drug store, the library, the bank just near to you.
I really recommend this place!! and all the things you can do around Lake Tahoe!! too many things for having good memories of your trip!

Stayed December 2006
Calfornia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2007

This place was awful. I'd rather be in prison than stay there again. I still have nightmares about staying here. Parking problems, management problems, room smelled like something had died there. Sleep in your car before you give these people your money.

Stayed December 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2006

My husband and I stayed at Tahoe City Inn for the first time in 1982. We went to stay again this winter. It has gone through some changes with the new owners, but it was such a restful stay. The rooms were very nice and clean. Management is very helpful. It truely was a great stay.

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Tahoe City Inn? Share your experiences!