Yes, the Tamarack is inexpensive compared to other Tahoe City options, but those who have never stayed there before should understand that you get what you pay for. My brother and I stayed there for two nights while on a ski trip. We rented a standard motel-style room (#24) with two queen beds. I am not a motel snob, but this room was barely acceptable. Here's what we got:
- Close proximity to Tahoe City (just about a 1-minute drive)
- Decent discounts on lift tickets
- An overwhelming scent of PineSol when we arrived
- A 15-inch TV with snow on every channel
- One tiny bar of soap at the vanity
- Two plastic sample size packets of body wash in the shower (not refreshed the 2nd day until we asked)
- The most low-flow shower head I have ever experienced
- Debris (tissues, cups) from a previous guest still behind the night stand
- Large black ants crawling on the nightstand (and perhaps on my brother at night)
We were afraid to walk in bare feet or socks in the room, and we didn't want to touch anything that fell on the floor anywhere in the room. If you can afford to stay elsewhere, you probably should. If not, then be forewarned.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.