“great location and good value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tamarack Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tahoe City
Tamarack Lodge
Save Saved
You added Tamarack Lodge to your Saves list
2311 N. Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA 96145   |
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Tahoe City
London, United Kingdom
“great location and good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here for one night as part of a trip round California. I checked in slightly early but was pleasantly surprised to be given one on the cabins as the room I'd booked wasn't ready. This was a really nice touch especially as it was the first night of my trip. Located about a mile from Tahoe City it is set in such a beautiful location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was our first trip to Lake Tahoe, and we loved it! The stay at Tamarack Lodge was very enjoyable. The owners are very pleasant and made sure we had a good stay. Their advice about things to do at Tahoe was invaluable. Although there is no lake view, the rooms are well-equipped with a nice kitchenette. We will definitively be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Greeley, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Spent weekend here as a off the beaten path place to get away. Family owned. Lodge has a typical motel type rooms, a family cabin and several smaller "cardroom" cabins. The place is located on the north shore of Lake Tahoe about half way from the Nevada stateline and Squaw Valley. No Lake View. Northshore casno are about twenty minutes away, skiing the same, with Southshore and Reno roughly an hour away. Nice rooms, no frills. The history of place dates back to early 1930's. Hollywood stars of the time wanting to get away found this place as a backwoods, no reporters place to stay. Clark Gable, Spencer Tracy and Jimmy Stewart stayed here. Legends of week long movie star poker parties were held here, hence the "cardrooms". Clark Gable and Marilyn Monroe spent time here for both of their last movie "The MIsfits". A nice out of way place to stay, good value and no frills.

Room Tip: Talk to the owners about the history of place, great stories.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Simi Valley CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I just got back last night from Lake Tahoe. This was our first visit there. I truly enjoyed the service at the Tamarack Lodge, the room was very clean, I did not have a problem with the water, (maybe because it is summertime). The room had everything I needed. The kitchennette had pots and pans, cups, plates and glasses, a coffee-maker, toaster and microwave. Great value for the money! Every where else on the Lake was over $180 a night. We arrived earlier than anticipated and because the room was vacant, the manager let us check-in super early. My biggest problem was our upstairs neighbor, these people were so inconsiderate, they let their kids run while even late at nite. This wouldn't bother me so much if it was in the day time, but we are talking after 11:00pm. Maybe next time I stay there I will get a cabin. Great place to stay and save some $$$! The internet service was slow, but I was not there for business so it didn't really bother me.

Room Tip: Rent a cabin or stay on the 2nd floor not the 1st
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

Spent 2 nights here over the Labor Day weekend, for my first visit to Tahoe. The rooms were a bit dark and got quite chilly at night - I slept in my sweatshirt and socks. The water did not get hotter than lukewarm in the morning, but was hot for our afternoon post-beach showers.

The location isn't too bad, about a mile from Tahoe City so easy to walk there. However, it felt a bit too isolated for our group of 6 women in their late 20s. We drove to Kings Beach everyday or other places.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

We've stayed here a few times, the most recent was July 2009 and had a wonderful time. Very friendly Managers! I would highly recommend The Tamarack!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Elko, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

We love staying at the lodge! The short nice walk to the lake is great, it is quiet and peaceful on the grounds. I have stayed in the motel rooms and a cabin in the back and was very happy with both. The large cabin in the front is beautiful. Sitting around the fire at night is great! The Inn Keepers (Susanne, Sean and Family) are very friendly and inviting!! We will be back soon! Can't beat the price for a nice vacation!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Tamarack Lodge? Share your experiences!