“Wowed our wedding guests!” 5 of 5 stars

Pepper Tree Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   645 N. Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA 96145   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Tahoe City
Incline Village, Nevada
“Wowed our wedding guests!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We used the Pepper Tree Inn as our wedding hotel, as we had a destination wedding in Tahoe City and had many out of town guests. As a local, I checked with all the area hotels and none were cleaner, cuter (they have a mountain town vibe!) and more customer service oriented than the Pepper Tree.

They allowed us to take over the pool terrace area for an after-party and a free breakfast (two steps above a regular continental breakfast) was provided for each guest. The owner Lee and his wife were an absolute pleasure to work with and I would recommend this as the best place to stay if you are visiting Tahoe City.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors in the tower portion have a killer view of Lake Tahoe!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My partner and I had an excellent time at the pepper tree.. The manager at the desk was helpful polite and friendly...The room had a lovely view towards the lake and also had a table and two chairs which was useful...very clean .. however note ..no Air conditioning....although the a fan was supplied .. We left early in the morning (No person at desk during this period) an I wanted to mention my Brand New paperback which I was looking forward to make a start on ..I had left on the side cabinet.. had completely Vanished..We even looked under the bed.no book ! I presume that the maid thought it was rubbish! but if it was it would be in the bin ..So please pepper tree have a word with the maids if it isn't in the bin it is needed ...Other than that a Value for money Inn...walking distance of Shops..Cafe's .....

Room Tip: A higher floor gives a good View...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My sister and I made this our last stop on a cross country drive and boy were we happy! Pepper Tree Inn had great value for a great price. The Inn was clean, neat and quiet. Given we arrived in the off season, so maybe take my review with a grain of salt. The location was excellent, right down town with shopping, restaurants and the path immediately available. The Inn is across the street from the lake. Not lake front, but the view we had was just fine. The hotel is nothing fancy, but they had put a little extra effort into decorating the room so that it wasn't bare bones. We got a AAA discount also, btw.

Room Tip: Request a room on the higher floors in order to have a good view of the lake
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Gardnerville, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel was centrally located; we parked our vehicle and either walked and rode our bikes through town. We stayed in Rm 605, which had a nice partially obstructed view of Lake Tahoe. The rooms are as stated by other reviewers...not fancy, but clean and serves the purpose (after all, when you come to Tahoe City it's not to stay in your room!). The toiletries were nice (loved the soap) and plenty of towels. The room included a coffee maker/coffee grinder with free beans and all the necessary coffee treats, microwave, and mini refrigerator. The bathroom and closet were very small, but again served their purpose. The breakfast was good and had plenty of goodies to choose from including waffles, hard boiled, eggs, burritos, fruit, coffee, juice, etc. There was a modest, but clean pool (no hot tub though, which we needed after a 23+ mile bike ride and 2+ mile uphill hiking). All was pretty satisfactory; the reason I am giving this hotel a 3 rather than 4 is because both beds (that's all they had available) in our room seemed like they came from Bedrock (Flintstones) because they were hard as a rock, and our sleep quality truly suffered because of it...I woke up with my body hurting, and not because of all the hiking, etc...the bed was horrid!!!! Also, there was pronounced street/tourist noise (but that's not the hotel's fault.) Other than those rock hard beds, we enjoyed our stay and we will return. (They do offer a nice romance package with a $60 credit to Jake's on the Lake, and sleep number bed, so maybe we'll be back sooner than later as long as we can get a bed we can actually get good rest on!)

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My other half and I spent five days in Tahoe City just last week. After having a problem with last year's motel, I found the Pepper Tree online and made a reservation at basically the last minute. We had an absolutely gorgeous lake view from our room and even ate breakfast each morning on the balcony right outside our door. The room was clean and comfortable and the housekeeping was first rate. I don't understand previous reviews about rude staff at the front desk; everyone was most pleasant during our stay. There is a great deck/patio for gazing at Lake Tahoe - we played several rounds of dominoes there while getting some much-needed relaxation. Tahoe City is a cute little town - everything was within walking distance - and believe me, I'm not one who is known for doing a lot of walking! Nice restaurants - Rosie's, Blue Agave (excellent), Fat Cat. We would definitely stay at the Pepper Tree again, hopefully next summer! Oh yes, rooms have coffee beans/grinder - the coffee was most tasty!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor in the tower with lake view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My wife and I spent one night at this hotel in early August. A worker in the city's visitor information center steered us there, and we got a good deal on a 7th floor room with a king-sized bed and a gorgeous view of Lake Tahoe. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The chairs outside on the walkway overlooking the lake were a thoughtful bonus. There was no air conditioning and the provided electric fan was somewhat noisy, but this was a small price to pay for the lake view and convenience of being able to walk to restaurants and the lakeside park. The included breakfast was simple but adequate. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors of the tower have the best lake views
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I loved this hotel. My friends and I were on a tight budget and this hotel was perfect for summer. Great pool / balcony area - perfect for kicking back with a beer & deck of cards. Brilliant location. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating. Easy parking. Yummy breakfast (even if it was basic). You can see the lake but there are a few trees in the way. Who's complaining?? Not me!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Pepper Tree Inn? Share your experiences!