My husband and I have been coming here for 25 years and today we decided was the perfect day for a two hour drive to have lunch once again. It's a beautiful sunny day and the scenery is incredible. Arriving we found the bar area and restaurant packed, but it didn't take long for an outside table to open up for us. They've extended the outside dining area since last we've been here and what a great idea that was. It added so much more seating to the area. We started off with a shrimp martini (shrimp cocktail) that was excellent. Lots of small shrimp in a tasty salsa sauce. For my lunch entree I chose the fish taco's, choice of grilled, cajun, or beer battered, and I chose grilled. There were two large taco's with a generous piece of Mahi Mahi, a coleslaw with an amazing sauce, and I added hot sauce to give it a kick. They were delicious!!! My husband ordered the Chicken Sandwich, which was huge, and it came with french fries. He was also very happy with his meal. The prices are a little on the high side, but definitely worth every penny when considering the view and the quality of the food. Our server was very attentive, but never bothersome. When we needed something she was there. Anyway, it was the perfect day and I can attribute it to our day at Sunnyside. Thank you, we'll be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunnyside's spectacular location on the pristine West Shore makes it the place to be in Lake Tahoe. Panoramic views of the lake and mountains beyond abound from nearly every table and during the summer, guests can also enjoy alfresco dining on Lake Tahoe’s largest outdoor deck.The Lakeside Dining Room features new American cooking – fresh, vibrant presentations of American classics with a focus on premium seafood and steaks. The award winning wine list has been carefully selected to complement the menu and offers a wide variety of wines including some rare & limited offerings. Our Mountain Grill offers a more casual atmosphere and is seated on a walk-in basis only.Sunnyside is also a classic lakefront lodge with guest accommodations overlooking Lake Tahoe. The 23 mountain inspired lodge rooms are inviting places to sink into after the day's activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sunnyside Restaurant and Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunnyside Restaurant Hotel Tahoe City
- Sunnyside Hotel Tahoe City
- Sunnyside Tahoe City