We really enjoyed our stay at this lodgy hotel. It is historical, but has been remodeled over the years. The room was clean and pleasant. The bathroom was pretty dated with a tiled shower and oak cabinets....just felt average. Our room had a very small deck with 2 chairs facing the lake and the busy restaurant below. In the room there were a couple of wine glasses, a cork screw and a wine list with some very reasonable bottles available right there in the room on a wine rack! A Rombauer Chardonnay for $32.00 I think. Such a deal! The beds were comfortable. They only had a room with 2 queen beds available for a lakeview. There was no air conditioning on a very warm Tahoe day, but we weren't in the room that much.
In the morning the hotel provided an expanded Continental breakfast in a cozy room and the coffee was quite good. There was an egg/quiche type dish with homemade salsa, some pastries, bagels, yogurt, etc... It kept us happy until lunch.
We ate lunch at the hotel restaurant...run by the Dukes of Hawaii chain.....and it was very good actually. Hubby had the Burger and I had the Fish and Chips....Mahi Mahi I think. I could hardly finish mine because the pieces of fish were so generous! This place was absolutely hopping because of the the view and the fun atmosphere. People were boating over from all points on the Lake and getting boat taxied up to the dock of the restaurant....such fun!
In the winter there is a bus to a few ski slopes that stops right out in front of the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Sunnyside Restaurant Hotel Tahoe City
- Sunnyside Restaurant Hotel
- Sunnyside Hotel Tahoe City
- Sunnyside Tahoe City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A landmark on scenic western shore of Lake Tahoe since the 1950s. Classic, lodge-style appointments make each of the 23 guestrooms an inviting retreat with goose-down pillows and comforters, and private patios and decks. Adventures abound with numerous activities year-round: summer boating, water skiing, biking, hiking and fishing, and winter snow-skiing, snow-boarding, and cross-country skiing. Two restaurants and a lakefront deck are perfect places to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Sunnyside Restaurant and Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.