My husband and I stayed at Sunnyside in October 2006 for our honeymoon. We thought that October would be a good (i.e. less crowded) month to visit Lake Tahoe. We loved Sunnyside - we had a room with a fabulous view of the lake, and everything was clean, comfortable, and welcoming. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. Our only complaint was that the pizza joint they recommended to us had absolutely the worst pizza we'd ever had, but that's probably just an east coast-west coast difference! Loved the breakfast and afternoon snacks, and we had a fabulous and relaxing time. The restaurant was a bit noisy and not our favorite in the area, but that's no big deal. And I do have to say that our room was right above the restaurant and we had no problem with noise in our room - and we go to bed early! I have no idea what the other rooms are like, but ours was fabulous. Ask for a lake view! Room 37!
And PS, we were there for a week and spent a lot of time driving around the perimeter of the lake. Tahoe City is definitely one of the top spots on the lake, and Sunnsyide appeared to have the best location of any hotel there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunnyside's spectacular location on the pristine West Shore makes it the place to be in Lake Tahoe. Panoramic views of the lake and mountains beyond abound from nearly every table and during the summer, guests can also enjoy alfresco dining on Lake Tahoe’s largest outdoor deck.The Lakeside Dining Room features new American cooking – fresh, vibrant presentations of American classics with a focus on premium seafood and steaks. The award winning wine list has been carefully selected to complement the menu and offers a wide variety of wines including some rare & limited offerings. Our Mountain Grill offers a more casual atmosphere and is seated on a walk-in basis only.Sunnyside is also a classic lakefront lodge with guest accommodations overlooking Lake Tahoe. The 23 mountain inspired lodge rooms are inviting places to sink into after the day's activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunnyside Restaurant and Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunnyside Restaurant Hotel Tahoe City
- Sunnyside Hotel Tahoe City
- Sunnyside Tahoe City