“Wonderful Bed &Breakfast!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Sutter Creek B&B and Inns
New York
“Wonderful Bed &Breakfast!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

My husband and I flew into Sacramento to begin a ten day California vacation (my first visit to this beautiful state). We spent our first night at the Foxes Inn, in the Foxes Den room.
Monique greeted us warmly upon arrival to Sutter Creek. We sat in the front parlor while she prepared me a cup of coffee. She returned to take our breakfast order and give us some suggestions for dinner. (We went to J&Ds, across the street - also great people & excellent food.)
The grounds at Foxes are inviting, calming, and simply lovely.
We both enjoyed our time at the Foxes, and would highly recommend this place to others. The service & breakfast were both top notch!
Thanks, Foxes Inn folks, for making the beginning of our vacation a memorable, pleasant one. :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Volcano, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

What a marvelously pleasant experience. It was as though every need was thought of for us. Monique, Mike and staff treated us like old friends. This birthday of my wife's will be one to remember.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Upon needing a one day hide-a-way from the busy city life, I made a one day reservation to stay at Foxes Inn. This was more than a get-a-way, it felt like home away from home with none of the noise of the city, and all that goes with a busy life. My room (which really was a suite) took my breath away, from the elegantly set breakfast table to the suite itself that wrapped itself around me and said welcome. Lunch at the Tea House was charming, elegant and oh so restful, then off to my room to enjoy the lovely quiet music sounds that were so relaxing, then off to the Garden area by the bubbling brook to relax, enjoyed another guest playing the lovely baby grand piano for his wife and I in the parlor, then off to my porch to watch the sun go down. Breakfast was too beautiful and delicious for words. I was a guest and treated like a queen, as well as Monique and staff making me feel like I was family. I am excited to return many times in the future to pull away from this fast world to a little piece of heaven in Sutter Creek called the Foxes Inn. The website does not do it justice, it must be experienced!!!!! Thank you Monique, staff and Kiki:) Your Sacramento new friend. Corinne

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Santa Ynez, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Needed a getway from work and projects around the house and the Foxes fit the bill. We where so well taken care of, from breakfest in the gardens, to decafe coffe and cream in our room for when we got up early in the morning, to dinner reservations. It was so nice to have such wonderful people looking after us. Everything was just as wonderful as we remembered from over 20 years ago when we stayed here on our honeymoon and the several times since then. This will be the first place we check from rooms when we make it back up to Sutter Creek in the future. The front porch is a great place to enjoy a glass of wine and watch life in Sutter Creek go by.

Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

By far, this is the best B&B experience I've ever had, and I've stayed in many, many B&Bs around the country. Not only are the rooms and grounds beautifully appointed and tended, the owners and staff make your stay a remarkable experience. The breakfasts are delicious, and everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this B&B.

Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

We spent one night in July and were very impressed from the moment we were greeted with a refreshing glass of iced tea (it was warm out!) to the yummy homemade cookies in the afternoon to our beautiful garden view room to the immaculate breakfast in the morning. the innkeepers were very friendly and their attention to detail was wonderful. A high recommend.

Gridley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

We enjoyed a wonderful one night stay compliments of our church family as a gift to us. What a treasure! We enjoyed every minute from our arival until we reluctantly had to leave! The establishment was so beautiful and the staff more than cordial! All the little extras were sorely appreciated by this very tired couple. We left feeling refreshed. The room , honeymoon suite was superb and theb beakfast was incredible. We had the chili relleno and the french toast and shared them both but that fruit cup was a piece of art hardly able to eat it it was so picture perfect! The recommendation of Susan's Place for dinner was outstanding as well and I wolul give anythnin for another bowl of their cream of asparagus soup! We wll definitely come here again soon I hope!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Foxes Inn? Share your experiences!