The reviews from the "100% satisfied" customers sounds fony to me. lol.
We stayed there last summer, and it was exactly what we expected for our $100 a night being walking distance from the beach. -- It is an older building, so don't expect much. you truly do get what you pay for. This is a cheap motel, there is nothing fancy about it. However, the staff was friendly and helped us with our needs.
We went on a weekend trip (drive there friday, play saturday, drive home sunday).... so with that said, we weren't in our room for much more then sleeping and cleaning up from the beach. -- and for that type of trip, this motel was perfect. its a place to sleep and store our things.
We didn't see or have any issues with roaches. the "breakfast" was kind of sad -- a muffin and juice. but again, you are paying practically nothing for having the beach across the street.
and the other true reivews are correct about the "view"... if you are facing the ocean, you see the houses that are on the beach, this motel is right behind those houses..... not complaining though cuz it was less then 2 minutes to walk from our room to the beach.
I would recommend this to anyone who is trying to go on vacation on a budget. its nothing special by any means, but its a great deal if you can handle the run down-ness of the motel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Ocean Surf Inn & Suites in Sunset Beach, CA, the completely renovated motel located steps from the beach with direct access. Each of the 27 guest rooms have been renovated and features a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, cable television with HBO and high-speed Internet access. The motel also offers a Jacuzzi room and rooms with partial views of the Pacific Ocean. Guests at the Ocean Surf Inn and Suites can enjoy the calm and relaxing atmosphere of Sunset Beach while staying within the excitement of Huntington Beach and Seal Beach's annual events such as the Taste of Huntington Beach, USA Open of Surfing, Oktoberfest, Japan America Kite Festival, The Original Lobster Festival, Greek Festival, and many more. Ocean Surf Inn & Suites is the perfect get away for families and business travelers who are looking a quiet place to work and relax, while enjoying a night out after work at the local restaurants and bars and families can enjoy the day at the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Ocean Surf Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanatra Hotel Sunset Beach
- Sanatra Motel Sunset Beach