Unexpectedly awesome view of the laguna of Huntington Harbor right under our smallish but cute balcony. Some slight traffic noise from Pacific Coast Hwy. but our room was in the back, so nothing major. Good size room, with a mirrored jacuzzi (no comments, use your imagination to fill in the gap), good, solid king size bed, tiny but well appointed shower. The proximity to canoe and paddle board rentals a big plus, as parking would have been scarce if we wouldn't have had our guest spot under the hotel. Nice, accommodating staff: I came to the reception late one night asking for a source of cream and sugar for our coffee, and I was allowed to get them from the breakfast room. By the way, the so called continental breakfast is included, but honestly, there is not much to chose from, so we preferred the Starbucks a couple of blocks North (another major plus!)
We truly enjoyed the more relaxed atmosphere of Sunset Beach to the noisy hipe of Huntington Beach, with its scores of teenagers running around and its ridiculous prices. The beach a couple of blocks away is super wide and also much quieter.
But the best was Huntington Harbor behind the hotel: we had a blast rowing and paddling two consecutive perfect mornings on the channels. It just felt a little eerie how the wonderful properties along the water, each with its decks and boats, seemed deserted in mid August... Makes you wonder if too much of a good life could become boring perhaps?
It was not cheap staying at BEST WESTERN Harbour Inn & Suites, but by comparison to other hotels, I guess it could be considered a bargain. I think we were fortunate to get a room in the back, with a perfect view, and so many options for a truly romantic stay. Ask for Room 210, you will enjoy it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a short walk from the beautiful beaches of southern California, the Best Western Harbour Inn & Suites offers all the amenities to ensure an amazing beach getaway for a reasonable price. Located on Huntington Harbor in Sunset Beach, the hotel is a short distance from a variety of beach activities including biking on the boardwalk, volleyball, kayaking, surfing, sport fishing, windsurfing, kite surfing and much more. Each of the 25 guest rooms are decorated in one of four unique tropical themes and features a microwave, refrigerator, cable satellite television and high-speed Internet access. Also includes, free continental breakfast in the Harbour View Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your BEST WESTERN Harbour Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Harbour Inn And Suites
- Best Western Harbour Hotel Sunset Beach