“Regular stays in Sunnyvale” 4 of 5 stars

Vagabond Inn Sunnyvale
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   816 Ahwanee Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94086   |
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Napa, California
“Regular stays in Sunnyvale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This hotel is a great value that has been recently renovated. Comfortable beds, friendly staff, and quiet. They take exceptionally good care of regulars particularly when rooms are tight and other hotels are charging double and triple regular rates. Loyalty is well deserved.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kamlesh P, Owner at Vagabond Inn Sunnyvale, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to write your comments. We are happy to know that we were able to meet your exception. Thank you for choosing our place. Hope to see you again.

Ken

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Leesburg, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Total dissatisfaction with this hotel. On my third night, the hot water went out. No technician available. They wanted to move me to another room. Total inconvenience to me. Other than that, the room was clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Vagabond Inn was safe, clean and comfortable. At first, the price seemed high; but for Silicon Valley, it was fair. The staff was exceptionally friendly and cooperative. Upon arriving at the hotel without a reservation, the clerk at the front desk apologized that all of the hotel's rooms were reserved for the night -- but I was welcome to check back later to see if anyone had cancelled a reservation. However, as soon as the General Manager discovered that I was a retired military veteran; he offered me a room at a reduced rate, and took his chances with reservations & potential No-Shows. I was treated exceptionally well by the entire staff.

Room Tip: Always ask for the military discount.
Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kamlesh P, Owner at Vagabond Inn Sunnyvale, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Guest
We are happy to have helped you. Thank you so much for the review. Hope to see you again.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Our company has been staying at the Vagabond Inn in Sunnyvale for over 10 years now. They are always willing to find a place for us if we need a last minute reservation. The staff is courtious and efficient and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The location has easy access to all Silicon Valley freeways.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Apache Junction, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This accommodation is affordable and very comfortable. I have been coming her for over seven years. It is in a neighborhood just off the 101 freeway and could not feel safer than your home. The staff is friendly and very helpful and most have been here since I first started staying here. My favorite things about staying here are the spacious rooms and the amazing water pressure in the shower. Of course I really like the ambiance of the place and the people who also stay here. I am away all night and sleep in the day time. It is always quiet and pleasant. Stay here for a relaxing time.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and recently remodeled.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kamlesh P, Owner at Vagabond Inn Sunnyvale, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you So much for your review. We are happy to know that you like to stay in our hotel. We will try to keep providing the service that we do to bring you back.

GM/Owner
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stay at the Vagabond Inn every week as a long distance commuter. For the price you get a great value. The Free Wifi is very helpful and usually pretty quick (If the place is packed with business folks, the Wifi slows down during peak hours).

Rooms are comfortable, roomy and have the usual amenities. Easy location and close to everything in Silicon Valley. Pool and free danish/coffee for breakfast and popcorn in the afternoon/evenings. Quiet, clean, and friendly. Can't beat it for the value.

Room Tip: Rooms on East side second floor get warm (hot) in the summer. Otherwise they are OK.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
It's good to know that you like to stay in our hotel. Now we have improved our wifi speed and we will try to keep providing the service which can make your stay happy.

GM/ Owner
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

The staff members at the front desk was extremely rude, confusing, and arrogant. After checking in, I walked in to my room with cockroaches and bugs crawling all over my bed, ceiling, and bathroom! So I went back to the front desk and cancelled my 3 night reservation and demanded for my money back. They said it would take about 3 business days for the credit to be refunded but it has been 2 weeks and no refund on my account so far! I keep calling back and they keep giving me the run around, telling me that they don't have any records of my stay or credit card refund when I have a confirmation given to me by the front desk agent. Horrible experience and even worse staff!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Vagabond Inn Sunnyvale? Share your experiences!