““My own little studio”” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Fremont, California
““My own little studio””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I love this place! a place away from home yes.I will be going back there soon. Looking forward to it, Their staff is super nice and professional, I love that this Vagabond has a gym YAY for me since I love working out.Breakfast was more than we were expecting. A very big selection. Attendant was always there ahead of your needs. Everyone was friendly and went above and beyond. Clean nice rooms great snack, good internet connection. I stayed for more than 2 years the staff makes me feel right at home. Thank You for making this my second home !!!!! .
Really recommend it - great joy

Shrijeet Nair

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kamlesh P, Manager at Vagabond Inn Sunnyvale, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thanks for the great review! Hope to see you again for your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for over 2 months when I was on business trip and I enjoyed my stay. The Staff is very friendly and the service is quick. The rooms are spacious and the they provide you with enough cooking range in case you want to cook in your room. It is located next to Denny's which is open 24 hrs, so you don't have to travel anywhere to get food. The rooms are kept clean. In all, my experience was good and I would want to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kamlesh P, Manager at Vagabond Inn Sunnyvale, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our hotel, and will try to keep providing the service that we do to bring you back.

Thanks
Ken
Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Hello, I'm very familiar with this particular "operation", was close friends with the lady that works in the front desk after 11Pm. You've probably already booked the room and are reading this just to confirm you've been duped by the false reviews and misleading photos of the place. Well good luck getting your money back!!

• Stayed July 2013
Kamlesh P, Owner at Vagabond Inn Sunnyvale, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Slopey8,

We do work hard to ask all of our guests to give us candid feedback on their visit, not just those that are friends or family, as every guest review helps us to improve our training and product for future guests. Without true feedback from our actual guests, we would not be able to improve our product or services. We understand that the hotel may not be to your expectations, but we are working hard with every guest review, good or bad, to improve.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I think it is the best choice for everyone because the room is very clean and the officers are very kindly and very glad to help. I 'm an intern here and live for more than one month , That's really a wonderful choice!

• Stayed July 2013
Kamlesh P, Manager at Vagabond Inn Sunnyvale, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Traveler, thank you for visiting our property. We are happy we could meet your expectations. We hope you return for a longer visit in the future.
Sunnyvale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed at this dive, booked through Expedia, in June 2013.

Bottom line: This place suckkkkksssssssssss.

Strike 1: The Smoking Room for a non-Smoker
Let's start off with the dive smoking room; and yes, there are still hotels which offer smoking rooms. Upon check-in I was told that unfortunately, this was the only set of rooms available to Expedia customers. Wow. Really?

Strike 2: The Cold Shower
So after a late day of work, I run the water and wait, and wait and wait and voila!, no hot water. So, I call "management", who tells me that the hot water would not be available for at another hour or longer. So, cold shower vs. no-shower. Hmmm... did I mention Strike 1 and the smell of the room?
Cold shower it was.

Strike 3: One Moment Please or "Hey, no TV signal"
As I run my shower in my futile attempt to get hot water, refer to Strike 2 above, I turn on the TV. Guess what?, The infamous "One Moment Please - This channel should be available shortly" message comes up on every channel I surf. Roh-roh. Not a good omen here.

I call the "management", after I plugged the phone back in you see as the cable falls out since the hooking mechanism which locks the wire into the phone is broken so the wire just keeps falling out, but I digress ....

I speak to the "management" who tells my I will not get hot water for at least another hour or longer and that my TV should be working. I tell him it is not. He tells me his is coming over. He arrives. I open the door. He attempts to reboot the cable box, re set-up the TV unit etc etc. Then walks out of the room without saying anything. I ask, so "Are you going to fix the TV/service?", with back turned to me, he keeps walking and says he will call Comcast.

"Will that be tonight?" I ask. He, the "management" just walked away.

Strike 4 - The Rifle or, "Where the f#@k is my Fabreze?"
So, the first night I arrived, see Strike 1 above, I figured I better do what I can to make my stinky smoking room smell as best as I can. I find a local Walgreens and buy a can of Fabreze. I return to my room. Fabreze the S*&t out of the room from floor to ceiling and I place the Fabreze in a clothes drawer.

Not wanting to have my clothes smell like an ashtray, I placed all of my clothes in my rental car the night of my arrival. The next day after I arrive back to the hotel from work, I noticed that I cannot find my can of Fabreze which I placed in the clothes drawer. I'll be damn, someone came into my room and rifled through my drawers. Thank goodness I did not leave anything in my room other than toiletries.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Roy8675309,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear about some of the issues you encountered at our property during your stay, we will investigate some of the issues discussed throughout your review.
In regards to the hot water and the television signal, we did call in some technicians to get the necessary repairs for our water heater and the Comcast signal reset. Unfortunately, we were at the mercy of both of these companies and apologize for the inconveniences that it has caused you. We can assure you that it is an isolated occurrence and these issues typically do not happen often.
Our hotel has been filling up due to the high volume of guests attending the local events and the few smoking rooms that we have were unfortunately the only rooms available at the hotel or we would have been happy to move you to a different room.
We recommend booking directly with us at the hotel so that we can assign your room type based on your needs at the time of booking, and notify you when we are sold out of the non-smoking rooms so this does not occur again.
Again, Sorry for your inconvenience.
Panaji
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have lived in this Motel for over 6 months. (no kidding).

I was on H1B in Sunnyvale and I started living this motel. The owner was warm and friendly and offered me a long term stay for a pretty good price. (almost close to a Studio apartment). I was also provided with a small cooking range.

They provide free breakfast, internet and access to a local gym. Since I needed a room only to sleep this saved me a good deal of money.

Pros:
1. Staff was always very helpful.
2. Prices were low
3. Free internet, breakfast and Gym.
4. Coin based laundry
5. 10% discount at Denny's which is within the motel complex
7. Starbucks, KFC, McD, BurgerKing, Lucky's Mexican Stores are at walking distance.
8. Rooms are clean and hygienic enough. For long term stay they cleaned it twice a week. (they provided additional towels, napkins etc. on request)

Cons.
1. Rooms are small so this is a place you should visit to sleep or just as a convenient shelter. If you expect to spend a lot of time within 4 walls you might get bored.
2. The motel is close to freeway 101 which is a good thing but it also means you will often here vehicle noise at night.

Room Tip: - Tell them that you are a smoker/non-smoker to avoid any issues - If you want access to Gym tell t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Akshar100,
We appreciate your feedback on your experience here at the property and always appreciate your company. We are happy that we have been your home for over 6 months now. It has been a great pleasure!
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Checking-in for the 3rd time in Vagabond Inn Sunnyvale, And I would say its the Right place to stay.....Actually my office is far from this place but I still preferred to stay in Vagabond Inn as its Clean, well maintained And the best part is the management, they just make you feel at home.... Not to let the house keeping folks down, even they do a good job here... It has enough area to walk around the place and there are lot of Restaurants around the Hotel... So Overall I would say "Right place to Stay".

Room Tip: I stayed in 112 and 113..... Its placed at the corner and its Good to get them. (113 is the biggest...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Santhosh L,
Thank you so much for your feedback and continued loyalty to our staff and hotel. We know you will enjoy many of the improvements and upgrades we are planning for the future! Thank you again!

Been to Vagabond Inn Sunnyvale? Share your experiences!