“Another great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Menlo Park
“Another great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

In October-November I had two stays in this hotel. One was just a few days, but the second one was over 2 weeks.

It is easy to take all those things that make this such a wonderful hotel for granted, but that would not be fair. It requires hard work, dedication, enthusiasm and investments.

The staff was again exceptionally friendly and helpful. It is one of the things that differentiates this hotel from many others.

The renovation had been pretty much completed. I only got a notification of some outside door paint work that needed to be done.

I continue to be impressed by the new look and feel of the room. I know how the rooms were earlier and although not bad at all,it is really amazing how this hotel managed to make the rooms look much nicer, while improving the functionality (like moving the work desk from the bed room to the living room).

Now that the breakfast area has been modernized, it is really nice to go and site there for the complimentary light meal and drinks served Tuesday through Thursday. It is actually a buffet and more than a light meal.

On my previous stay, i had some minor internet glitches, but this time it worked perfectly. It is reliable and fast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Columbia, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I like this hotel, Every time I've been here the service has been great. The staff is very friendly, the rooms have just been updated and are very nice. The rooms have a very homey feel that is nice when you travel as much as I do. Sometimes a hard place to get into but well worth it.

Room Tip: Ask to not be placed in the back buildings. The road noise is a little loud in back.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed in Staybridge for two weeks on a business trip. I had a great time: the room was very spacious and clean, the small kitchen great, staff were very friendly and helpful, and the location ideal.

There were two issues though. The first room I received was on the 3rd floor (no elevator) and facing the highway (very noisy, even inside the room). After complaining I received a 1st floor room on the quiet side, but my experience would probably be significantly different if they didn't have another room available. I wouldn't book a room there before making sure that it would be on the "good" side of the hotel. The second issue was the breakfast. The selection is good, but the quality poor.

Aside from those two points - great experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a few times, and am yet to be disappointed.
It is not the fanciest or most luxurious hotel I have seen, but it has the optimal combination of location, comfort and affordable price.
The rooms are very spacious, and consist of a bedroom, a living room and a fully equipped kitchen.
There is a small gym, and a small outdoor pool.
The breakfast is free and very good.
WiFi is also free.

I definitely recommend the Staybridge Suites.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Menlo Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I'm not that easy to give a hotel the highest rating, because it means it is perfect, but this time I felt this is justified.

I find a hotel to be a very personal thing. Personal taste, preferences, expectations, etc, all play a role. I say this because the strength of this hotel lies in the overall experience. The location is very convenient, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the breakfast buffet offers sufficient choices for me, the rooms are like small apartments, spacious and very complete, the outdoor pool is small, but nice to sit at and jump in once in a while, etc.

This is why I've been going there for many years now. On my most recent trip I had a very pleasant surprise. Since my last stay, the rooms have been renovated and modernized. Also, during the current stay the breakfast restaurant opened again after a renovation and it looks really nice.

A small point of criticism is the internet set up. It is included in the room rate and the Wi-Fi works fine, but what is annoying is that you need a certification code. I had some issues with that and the helpdesk of the provider didn't get me very far. I got it to work again, but I wonder why it is so complicated and why you can't just use it without these codes.

Going back to the rooms, it is impressive what has been achieved here. I knew the old style and lay-out. The new style is modern with partially new furniture, like a new L-shaped sofa, new tiles in the bathroom, a kitchen makeover with a new microwave, new table top, new doors, etc. It is really nice, but luckily the warm feeling of the room has been preserved. Kudos to the interior designers!

This hotel has always been very suitable for an extended stay and now even more so than ever.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Basingstoke, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed for 6 nights on business in a room on the second floor. Good points: the room, actually a studio would be a better description. Spacious, clean and well equipped. Location: close to the freeway so good connections to San Jose or San Francisco.
Negative points: The hotel is a bit tired and jaded looking from the outside. Could do with a good renovation. During my stay between 4th and 10th August, there were internal renovations going on, so breakfast was provided outside under canvas pergola. Shame this was not made know at the time of booking. Buffet breakfast was very average at best as was the limited choice dinner provided in the evening. Swimming pool was miniscule and the gym was poorly equipped and tiny. All in all, not very good value for $150+ per night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband always stays in this hotel on his buisiness trips and never had a complain. Its clean, the breakfast is good, the stuff is friendly and very helpfull. In April I stayed for a coiple of days with my husband. I had a little black pouch with a memory stick, a plug and my Pandora Bracelett in it. We went out for a day and I forgot the pouch in the Hotel room. When we came back later that day, the pouch was gone and so was my bracelett. Nothing fancy, a $ 150 braclett.
We reportet the missing item and after a long "Investigation", lots of emails back and forth, couple of phone calls, the Manager James Wardell told us it was not his stuff who stole the bracelett. However he offered me to send me a Pandora Gift Card, so I could replace it. Well, its August now and I am still waiting for the gift card.
We will never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Zwergnase,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale? Share your experiences!