“Hotel is ok for business travel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Boston, Massachusetts
“Hotel is ok for business travel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed here for business a few times. It is close to my company so that is why I picked it. it is decent but nothing special. Room is fine but you can hear everything around you. People are pleasant enough.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Jay B, General Manager at Sheraton Sunnyvale, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our pleasant staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

From a Sheraton hotel you would expect Sheraton quality. Here is not.
There are only two floors, OK, but there is no elevator. I had to climb the stairs with 2 big luggages and the receptionist did not even call anyone to help me.
Room is quite big, the view to the pool is OK.
Though, the furniture and look is old.
There is a noisy fridge and...surprise surprise, it's empty!?! What is this for?
Tonight I came back at 11:30pm and restaurant was closed, not even room service. Then I asked for a beer at reception (there is no bar) and they told me they dont serve anything like that at this time...
The breakfast included for me, was very poor.
The internet connection, included for my rate, extremely slow.
You can find much better hotel for this price, believe me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel and for sharing your thoughts on our services and facilities.

While it is our utmost desire to create a warm caring environment where our guests feel they belong at the hotel, it is clear we missed our mark. We shall use your review as an example for us to learn that we must work harder to fully understand the individual needs and expectations of our guests and strive further to succeed in meeting them however we can.

There is no excuse for the lack of an offer for assistance with baggage, or booking a more suitable location for the room. We have upgraded our internet equipment and we are providing double the normal bandwidth capacity of most hotels, and while there are rare occasions of slow connections service is generally very good. We could have done more to provide you with food and beverage options after normal hours, and we certainly shouldn't have excessive noise from the convenience refrigerators in the rooms.

Thank you again, we will aspire to improve as a result of your comments.
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed here for business and enjoyed the closeness to Highway access which made the commute a bit easier. The staff is very friendly and hospitable and really are looking out for their customers. This applies for both the hotel and the Faz Restaurant. The rooms are also clean and comfortable. However it's among the most expensive hotels of this type around the area and I'm uncertain if they price difference is really worth it. Probably will try another hotel next time to try it out.

Room Tip: As others mentioned below, it's a bit more comfortable to get a room on the first floor so you c...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jay B, General Manager at Sheraton Sunnyvale, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for your nice comments regarding our service and accommodations. I can understand why some people may think our rates are on the high side when considering costs to many other parts of the country, however we are careful with our rates in keeping them competitive for the local market, and on weekends, holidays and for extended stays our rates are considerably lower than peak nights mid-week. Please check our rates when planning a return visit to the area, We hope you may select us again.

Agan, thank you for the complimentary notes of our staff.
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Sheraton Sunnyvale is an excellent business hotel to stay in Bay Area. Best part about the hotel is its staff, front desk people are very nice and engage in friendly conversations. They changed my room type based on my request, and the room was really big and comfortable. Pool and jacuzzi were good too. Hotel shuttle service was very useful. Internet was actually high speed, which in unusual in the US hotels.

Though hotel is located close to offices, restaurants etc. are not walking distance so that is a concern. One more not so great thing was lack of vegetarian options in the room service menu and in the Faz restaurant. They should address it as many international travelers with varied food preferences stay at the hotel.

Overall very good stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fine
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the outstanding review, especially for your specific comments regarding our front office associates. We all aim to please, and when those efforts are recognized like this we find they inspire us to greater excellence for all.

You are correct that our restaurant, while it does have some vegan options, does not offer an overwhelming number of dishes like this. There are many great dining places that we think may satisfy you very nearby. Please just ask at the front desk next time, or track me down, and we'll give you the names of some places you may enjoy while in the area.

Again, thank you for your great review.
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Three nights. Easy to find, just off 101. Location close to places needed to on this trip. Four two floor buildings surrounding pool. Small gym but ok and clean. Attached was Restaurant Faz. Ample of parking. No elevator in the property. Got a complimentary upgrade to bigger room, which was good in all aspects.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jay B, General Manager at Sheraton Sunnyvale, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for the four star review. We appreciate you staying with us and taking time to comment on the experience.
Bay Area, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I will start by mentioning the only positive: one of their staff was very helpful and nice. We were given a room in the back of the building (but not so helpful). After we had already unloaded all our luggage and had it in the lobby we then had to load it on a cart and push it to the back of the hotel, quite a distance. The gal at the front desk was nice enough to have them bring in a fridge for us, which we had to ask for twice. However, the problem was the fridge was made in the '80s or maybe the Dark Ages? It had seen better days and screamed and rattled all night as proof. People stood outside our window and smoked and talked periodically throughout the night. As our air conditioner/heater was going it sucked in all that tobacco air and we breathed that while we listened to unwelcome conversation between deep voiced strangers who shared not much more than smoking in common. After my husband and son were asleep I was still awake most of the night because of an inability to breathe well. Mainly it seemed to be because of a very strong musty mold smell. I tried to run the vent to bring in fresh air and that brought more cigarette smoke. So it was very miserable. The room was a bit shabby and there was no continental breakfast. I miserable nights sleep all for $112 dollars. Thank you very much. Never ever again. And to me I used to think the rich and famous stay at the Sheraton, but I know no one who stays at this particular one is a winner unless of course there is some mysterious part of the building where they put the more "well-deserving" customers according to their own discretion. Any of the other staff we dealt with were very snooty and I could not wait to get away and regretted keeping them in business with my own dollars. As I drove away I felt sympathy for the poor schmoes just like me who were going to think they were getting a great deal because of the Sheraton name. Word: times have changed my friends--times have changed.

Room Tip: You're on your own.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jay B, General Manager at Sheraton Sunnyvale, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for your nice compliment of a staff member who was very helpful and nice. You are right that the refrigerator we brought to your room as requested was the worst. We placed an order today for a new refrigerator, and we will not send that ancient one to another room again.

Further, we reviewed the full text of your comments in our staff meetings today, and used them as an example of dissatisfaction that we can learn from, and improve upon our efforts to achieve our goal of excellent guest service.

I am sorry your stay was not worthy of a rave review, we will double our efforts to achieve greater satisfaction for all our guests.
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I traveled with my spouse on a business trip. Location of the hotel was very convenient for his work. I was a little concerned as it is not near anything that I could get to. As he had to take the car I was left at the hotel. Restaurants, shopping is a short 10 minute drive. Many good restaurants in the area. There is construction on one side of the hotel rooms however I was up by seven when it started and they of course were done by 5 PM. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. As my husband is a Sheraton Gold club member we had access to the breakfast, which consisted of cereals bagels coffee juice fresh fruit. Is what you needed to start the day. They have a small but clean gym. I went in each morning and only once did I see another person there. The pool is in the center of the complex surrounded on four sides by hotel rooms. It is a very nice pool and that is where I spent most of my day. For frequent Sheraton visitors hence the gold club membership, they also offer a happy hour with free wine beer cheese and various hors d'oeuvres. Sam is a charm and makes all feel welcomed and part of the family. As this is in the middle of the IT world most visitors seemed to be businesspeople. While I was at first disappointed I had no where to walk to I quickly relaxed and got into a routine of going to the gym and sitting by the pool. The room is large, clean and quiet.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your compliments, and especially for singling out Sam. As our Sheraton Club Host, Sam is always an inspiration for us in perpetuating the genuine warmth and care we desire to impart to our guests.

You are right about so few restaurants within easy walking distance, but if we look just within a couple miles, there are many, many options for dining and entertainment. On the basis of your comments we will work to better inform our guests of nearby dining options, and better relay them to guests, with some ideas for easy transportation.

Again, thank you. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Sheraton Sunnyvale? Share your experiences!